• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OnePantherPlace: The Game Notes

ellis

Similar to @BrianS, I agree with some of the article and not as much other parts. I share the concern on the offensive line, but also believe that offensive line is one of the units that takes the most amount of time to really gel. It seems like the best O-lines are the ones with the least amount of injuries and/or turnover. IMHO one of the biggest mistakes Ron and company have made this preseason is not getting Paradis in there with the other starters sooner. That may be due to his rehabilitation, but most all of the reports leading up to camp were that he was healthy and ready to go. With this many new parts, that unit needs every rep it can get.

Given the fact that both Larsen and Paradis have looked bad, I wonder how much of the poor line play is attributable to the guards. I'm not a big Van Roten fan, and Trai hasn't seemed like himself for a couple of seasons now. I'm almost more comfortable with our tackles than with the interior line at this point.

I'm not as concerned with the defense at this point. We have much better depth at all three levels, and we actually have multiple guys who can rush the passer. I think we'll switch between 3-4 and 4-3 enough that it will negate some of the concerns you have about Luke and KK. I'm still not really confident about FS, but this team seems to abhor the idea of putting a stud back there so what can you do.

With all that said - nice work @ellis. I look forward to reading more of your articles.

2 hours ago, ellis said:

The 3-4 thing is tricky. I’m willing to let it play out a bit, but I also see Ross’ point. He and I don’t agree on every single issue. I don’t disagree with a lot of what he says. 

I dont think anyone is right or wrong yet.  Only time will tell on this issue.  If Luke get a concussion in the 3rd game of the season I will be beating my head against the wall.  But in the other hand if we can generate a pass rush without have to bring the house the defense should thrive as a whole with the talent we have.  

Archived