• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty and returning punts.

weyco2000

na

You are by far the dumbest football fan in history! When did you see Jerry Rice returning kicks after he got paid? The other dude is right, I'm sure glad you are not our head coach!

Jerry Rice wasn't a return man.

Carolina obviously agrees w/ me in principle b/c they do use Smith. My only arguement was they missed a spot they could have gone to him....and he should see probably 1 or 2 more a year than he already recieves. Other teams use there starting players (regardless of how good they are at there position) if the guy is a good returner and can provide a spark.

Wes Welker, Ed Reed, Santana Moss, Bernard Berrien, Steve Smith, Jones-Drew, etc, etc. Winning is what is important and many teams are willing to use key offensive and defensive players on returns to provide sparks in situations........IF they are also legit return men.

Look at Randy Moss- when he was a beast and hands down best WR in the league while at Minny......he was used as a returner during his prime there.

There are too many example of this occuring....and all you do is claim you know better than NFL coaches.

Jerry Rice wasn't a return man.

Carolina obviously agrees w/ me in principle b/c they do use Smith. My only arguement was they missed a spot they could have gone to him....and he should see probably 1 or 2 more a year than he already recieves. Other teams use there starting players (regardless of how good they are at there position) if the guy is a good returner and can provide a spark.

Wes Welker, Ed Reed, Santana Moss, Bernard Berrien, Steve Smith, Jones-Drew, etc, etc. Winning is what is important and many teams are willing to use key offensive and defensive players on returns to provide sparks in situations........IF they are also legit return men.

Look at Randy Moss- when he was a beast and hands down best WR in the league while at Minny......he was used as a returner during his prime there.

There are too many example of this occuring....and all you do is claim you know better than NFL coaches.

You have proved nothing to me, no high paid, pro bowl receivers, are returning kicks, except on a team like ours, who has a lot of problems with the coaching squad, don't you agree?

You have proved nothing to me, no high paid, pro bowl receivers, are returning kicks, except on a team like ours, who has a lot of problems with the coaching squad, don't you agree?

Elite, Pro Bowl, All Pro players have conistantly been used on teams across the the NFL year after year to provide a missing elements and add a spark. In there primes, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Ed Reed and a host of others disprove everything you say.

if your criteria is only the 2009 season through week 7 AND that it can only be a WR AND and he has be a former pro bowler AND he has to be the highest paid....then that would be for this season.

Elite, Pro Bowl, All Pro players have conistantly been used on teams across the the NFL year after year to provide a missing elements and add a spark. In there primes, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Ed Reed and a host of others disprove everything you say.

if your criteria is only the 2009 season through week 7 AND that it can only be a WR AND and he has be a former pro bowler AND he has to be the highest paid....then that would be for this season.

Ok, thats all? You have proved a couple of them, but the other is only there on special team coverage for his hands, not to return kicks. My kid understands Nfl Football better than you. You will never be a good GM on Madden Football!

Ok, thats all? You have proved a couple of them, but the other is only there on special team coverage for his hands, not to return kicks. My kid understands Nfl Football better than you. You will never be a good GM on Madden Football!

wrong again. Everyone listed was/is used in the return game for the same reason Smith DOES get used in it.

Dude, you haven't realized, you can't tell anything to a dumbass who doesn't understand pro football, and the salary cap! He or it, must be stuck in the past!

How in the f*** did this turn into Jerry Rice returning kicks? This thread was based on two times I thought Smitty should have returned a punt, who is the best punt returner for the Panthers? Steve Smith is and anybody who thinks he is paid too much to do so, needs to take their surfboard and shove it. Do you know who Smitty is? He can turn around a game with one play and was drafted as a return guy. Go get your facts straight and get back to me when you are educated.

Archived