• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is an inexperienced but good backup qb who is learning!

Matt62881

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nobody's got any patience. And everybody wants to be the first person to say that they know right now how good somebody is or isn't going to be.

It's basically the same as when people say they absolutely know and can guarantee that a guy is going to be a superstar or a bust three games into his rookie season.

I don't know if its a lack of patience, or just the pro or anti cam factions wanted to get a hit in.

I am pretty much ignoring both factions right now.  Just want to win regardless of who the qb is.  And Allen has proved he is a capable back up

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I don't know if its a lack of patience, or just the pro or anti cam factions wanted to get a hit in.

I am pretty much ignoring both factions right now.  Just want to win regardless of who the qb is.  And Allen has proved he is a capable back up

Granted.

Where I would disagree I that I don't think any quarterback has "proven" what he is only six games in.

Honestly, no player at any position does that, but especially not quarterbacks.

52 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think he has proven he is a solid, or at least an adequate backup.  It remains to be seen if he can be more.  

I can go with that, though I might frame it a little differently.

I've mentioned before that I frame the evaluation of any young player using three questions:

1. Are they good? (i.e. good enough to play in the NFL)

2. If yes, how good? (backup, role player, starter, all pro, superstar, what?)

3. How long are they going to be good? (flash in the pan, average career, long time anchor, which?)

With regard to Allen, only the first question has been answered. Yes, he can play in the NFL, at least is a backup and potentially as more.

The questions of what level and how long it can be maintained are still unanswered.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted.

Where I would disagree I that I don't think any quarterback has "proven" what he is only six games in.

Honestly, no player at any position does that, but especially not quarterbacks.

Exactly, this is what the thread was about Kyle Allen has done exceptional for his experience level however he is no where near his ceiling and has alot of learning to do. Anyone thinking he is a better option then Cam is out of their mind...however they are both Panthers and im a fan of BOTH.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can go with that, though I might frame it a little differently.

I've mentioned before that I frame the evaluation of any young player using three questions:

1. Are they good? (i.e. good enough to play in the NFL)

2. If yes, how good? (backup, role player, starter, all pro, superstar, what?)

3. How long are they going to be good? (flash in the pan, average career, long time anchor, which?)

With regard to Allen, only the first question has been answered. Yes, he can play in the NFL, at least is a backup and potentially as more.

The questions of what level and how long it can be maintained are still unanswered.

Really with what weve been give only the first question can be answered and its yes. The other two i can guess on, backup that has not reached his potential and whatever potential he does reach id say long term as he is pretty consistent at the things he does good. Just guesses though!

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I chalk it up to a lack of information.  This situation has been a complete screwup from the get go.

Agree on winning.  Support whomever is in the game.

Archived