• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alot to look foward to Offense..Stop the pity party

Matt62881

9 minutes ago, Mitchl13 said:

DJ Moore would be a solid #2 but we need a legit #1 receiver. Samuel is not the answer and is basically Tavon Austin. 

Over the last 5 weeks DJ is 1 in the league in yards and he is a young player with a backup qb throwing to him. How are you already limiting him to that of a max 2nd reciever?

10 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

This offense is just okay my man.  The only reason it even works is because we have arguably the best RB in the NFL right now and the dude has been an absolute baller.  Without CMC, we are literally nothing on offense.  

I agree but its due to our coaches and qb, theres enough talent here with CMC to be a top 5 O exspecially if you just add moore. Obviously oline is an issue too.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

Over the last 5 weeks DJ is 1 in the league in yards and he is a young player with a backup qb throwing to him. How are you already limiting to him to that of a mas 2nd reciever?

He just doesn’t have that “it” factor that draws attention by opposing defenses i.e. Julio, OBJ, Thomas, Hopkins, Adams, Hill, Cooper, Allen etc.

You put him with one of those type

players, now we are talking . 

23 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Coaches don’t stand there and watch the other team run past and over us

and coaches aren’t getting run over by the worst defense in the nfl from a yard out with the game on the line...twice

i like Rivera, and I agree his time is done here...but our players suck too

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to draw a line and trying to see the bigger picture.  I agree to an extent but do believe it's a 70:30, Scheme:Players scenario. 

Our 2nd and 3rd down gap assignments are reliant on our linebackers who are all built for 4-3 with some EDGE guys.  When you have a poor interior DL, what we are currently running falls apart even moreso than a pure 3-4.  Misuse of personnel to this degree is a huge indictment on coaching. 

Our defense has talent but no guys that excel in run-D in the trenches.  It's detrimental to stopping long drives and generating 3 and outs.  This is a combo Hurney-Rivera job.  We didn't seek out the large OLB in the vein of a KJ Wright, a speedy run-D in box safety, or a mamma jamma NT. 

5 minutes ago, Mitchl13 said:

He just doesn’t have that “it” factor that draws attention by opposing defenses i.e. Julio, OBJ, Thomas, Hopkins, Adams, Hill, Cooper, Allen etc.

You put him with one of those type

players, now we are talking . 

He was 7th in the nfl before todays game and is 22 years old....what more it factor are you looking for? I look for production, if your telling me he can outperform these guys and still not be as good as them that makes no sense what so ever.

4 minutes ago, saX man said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to draw a line and trying to see the bigger picture.  I agree to an extent but do believe it's a 70:30, Scheme:Players scenario. 

Our 2nd and 3rd down gap assignments are reliant on our linebackers who are all built for 4-3 with some EDGE guys.  When you have a poor interior DL, what we are currently running falls apart even moreso than a pure 3-4.  Misuse of personnel to this degree is a huge indictment on coaching. 

Our defense has talent but no guys that excel in run-D in the trenches.  It's detrimental to stopping long drives and generating 3 and outs.  This is a combo Hurney-Rivera job.  We didn't seek out the large OLB in the vein of a KJ Wright, a speedy run-D in box safety, or a mamma jamma NT. 

The thing i think we need the most is the NT. Ever since star we have had problems and our run d was bad before Poe went down but damn it wasnt this bad.

Just now, Matt62881 said:

The thing i think we need the most is the NT. Ever since star we have had problems and our run d was bad before Poe went down but damn it wasnt this bad.

Agree and not just that--I think we would even be struggling with Star.  There was a solid thread last week about how we're now relying on Luke to fill 2 gap from a ILB position.  It's ridiculous.

These offenses are seeing our new scheme after that little win streak.  They'll add a lineman/TE and will double team the interior.  When the RBs slip to the next level and the speed rushers get pushed from their path to the QB, it doesn't matter how awesome Luke is sideline to sideline, they have the room to separate. 

I've not been concerned about the talent on this team since 2010.  We've had tremendous play out of key positions every year.  The FO and this coaching staff have failed to capitalize on the opportunities they were given, and I FUGGIN LOVE that I get to say Rivera will be fired for missed opportunities.  Makes my damn nips perk.

3 winning seasons and 1 broken Superman to show for it.  Thanks Ron.  GTFO.

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

Agree and not just that--I think we would even be struggling with Star.  There was a solid thread last week about how we're now relying on Luke to fill 2 gap from a ILB position.  It's ridiculous.

These offenses are seeing our new scheme after that little win streak.  They'll add a lineman/TE and will double team the interior.  When the RBs slip to the next level and the speed rushers get pushed from their path to the QB, it doesn't matter how awesome Luke is sideline to sideline, they have the room to separate. 

Yea no player should be responsible for more then one gap, its the whole point of run d lol. The 34 would have worked better if we had say star and poe lines up with KK on the edge on running downs and bring in mccoy over star for passing downs

6 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

I've not been concerned about the talent on this team since 2010.  We've had tremendous play out of key positions every year.  The FO and this coaching staff have failed to capitalize on the opportunities they were given, and I FUGGIN LOVE that I get to say Rivera will be fired for missed opportunities.  Makes my damn nips perk.

3 winning seasons and 1 broken Superman to show for it.  Thanks Ron.  GTFO.

Yea its really sad most teams dont have this level of talent or had since at least 15. And they found a way to ruin it. The whole point of my post was compare our 2010 squad to this one and look at the talent difference. We weren't a team until Cam came that a player like Mccoy would have wanted to play for.

11 minutes ago, saX man said:

Your the only one i dont get that pooed my post, i mean whatever but i actually like conversating with you and you seem to get what i was getting at. I realize no one is gonna 100% agree i just wanted to spark convo about roster talent....theres a clear difference between ours and others with our record.

Archived