• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 4: Bobcats vs Nets

Steve Smith

The Nets went 0 for 11 from the field with nine turnovers in Charlotte’s 24-0 run bridging the third and fourth quarters in the longest scoring drought in the NBA in nearly four years. It turned a once 14-point Nets cushion into a comfortable 63-51 Charlotte lead with 8:38 left.

“One time I looked up and we were 6 for 38 (from the field) and we were down 11,” Bobcats coach Larry Brown said. “I kept telling them if we didn’t defend we’d lose by 40.”

That defense, with the help of Nets miscues, led New Jersey to stay stuck at 48 points for 10 minutes, 3 seconds. After Yi hit one free throw with 6:41 left in the third quarter, the Nets didn’t score again until Chris Douglas-Roberts’ three-point play with 8:38 left in the fourth.

Douglas-Roberts had 20 points and Brook Lopez added 18, but had seven of New Jersey’s 26 turnovers. Two nights after Nets coach Lawrence Frank said the team’s defensive effort was “pitiful” in a loss to Washington, the offense was worse.

The last time a team went longer without scoring was Milwaukee’s 10:07 drought against Houston on Jan. 23, 2006, according to STATS LLC.

Gerald Wallace had 24 points and a career-high 20 rebounds...D.J. Augustin added 21 points for the Bobcats, who haven’t cracked 80 points in three of four games, yet improved to 2-2 in Raja Bell’s return from a wrist injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AorqUnoJyDxhgHEzFXOocAe8vLYF?gid=2009110230&prov=ap

This is our identity boys. Tenacious defense and low scoring O. Last night's game showed a growth for this team IMO. In year's past we would've just lost after such a bad 1st half. I cant ever recall the Bob's coming out in the 2nd half with that kind of fire on defense. We completely took over the game and did what we should do, and that is beat an inferior opponent soundly. Right now we rest at .500 and anything is still possible for this team this season.

I agree that this is our identity. However, are we only going to be able to pull it off against the likes of NJ/NY, maybe milwaukee and sacramento?

This is what im thinking. We have zero offense to keep up with the Celtics, Lakers, Cav's etc..... The big stars are going to get their points no matter what. We have nothing to counter.

Archived