• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Current View of our Roster Update- I added my roster projection on Page 7 with FA and some Draft Picks.

Matt62881

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

All pros no.  Serviceable Left tackles that dont get our qb killed yes.  None of which are on the roster.  Please dont try and kid yourself and make an argument for little or Daley.

We don't know what Little is, that's the point of letting him get better. Every team uses 1 year stop gaps at positions they need to draft down the line or are developing.

5 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

We don't know what Little is, that's the point of letting him get better. Every team uses 1 year stop gaps at positions they need to draft down the line or are developing.

2 concussions and an ankle sprain in a matter of weeks.  Yeah this dude aint long for the NFL.   Was he even remotely good when he played?  I dont think so

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

2 concussions and an ankle sprain in a matter of weeks.  Yeah this dude aint long for the NFL.   Was he even remotely good when he played?  I dont think so

He had one good game and one really bad game, completely unknown, and no one knows the actual severity of his concussions. That would be up to him, it's his brain.

Just now, Matt62881 said:

If he is worth the money then why wouldn't we pay Cam?

::sigh::  We are in a rebuild.  Teppers own words say he is glad we are not stuck with a crazy qb contract.  Why would rhule want to hinder himself and the team by paying cam 30+ (what he is going to ask for) when there are so many holes?  Its like you dont even read other peoples post about the subject. 

Dude, I am sorry to break the news to you but this team is not good and Cam is done in Carolina.  I will bet anything that is the case. There are too many signs pointing to it.  What you are doing is being irrational and emotional.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

::sigh::  We are in a rebuild.  Teppers own words say he is glad we are not stuck with a crazy qb contract.  Why would rhule want to hinder himself and the team by paying cam 30+ (what he is going to ask for) when there are so many holes?  Its like you dont even read other peoples post about the subject. 

Dude, I am sorry to break the news to you but this team is not good and Cam is done in Carolina.  I will bet anything that is the case. There are too many signs pointing to it.  What you are doing is being irrational and emotional.

I do I just dont think anything is guaranteed like you do. The fact is it's way to early to know what's gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I never saw tepper say anything about a qb contract all I saw was if healthy Cam is our qb. He could be blowing smoke up both our asses, neither of us knows, the point of my post was to try and figure out a way there was a possibility we could be competitive.

11 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I never saw tepper say anything about a qb contract all I saw was if healthy Cam is our qb. He could be blowing smoke up both our asses, neither of us knows, the point of my post was to try and figure out a way there was a possibility we could be competitive.

https://www.panthers.com/news/david-tepper-interview-transcript-ron-rivera-head-coach

I suggest you read this twice.  He made similar comments last jan about using the salary cap to your advantage.  You can google that yourself

"On Cam's health and how that impacts the search: "I don't know, because I haven't talked to that new coach yet. But listen, if I'm a coach, what will I look at? You may say that a coach is going to look for the best quarterback around, so that's where you're going with that question. Well, look, I mean, hopefully Cam's healthy. I frankly don't know, and neither does Cam right now. By the way, the last time I looked, there's three quarterbacks on this team. Kyle Allen, who you've seen a lot of, still young. Wil Grier, who hasn't been in yet, who we're developing in a very traditional way, who may be very good at some point, and Cam Newton. So, there's a lot of possibilities here for somebody to look at if they want to come here, and we're not weighed down by $36 million a year mistakes right now."

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That my friend says it all

Luke was where the emotional part stopped, Cam is the only way I see us being competitive and finding a qb is HARD.

He says 36 million dollar a year mistake, if Cam is in fact healthy ,he wouldn't be a mistake. You have to pay a qb eventually. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That my friend says it all

You Are REACHING SIR! 

I interpret that as there are options at the QB position on the team and the team isn't married to any of them due to contract. The new coach will have the option of choosing which option they want to go with and not be forced to do so.

A healthy Cam is the best option and Rhule would gladly give him a new contract.

8 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

You Are REACHING SIR! 

I interpret that as there are options at the QB position on the team and the team isn't married to any of them due to contract. The new coach will have the option of choosing which option they want to go with and not be forced to do so.

A healthy Cam is the best option and Rhule would gladly give him a new contract.

Thank god, I needed some logical backup lol.

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

So now what’s the plan if you’re letting go of Addison, McCoy, Irvin, who’s replacing them. 

And how many tackles Shaq had/has is of little concern. Where he’s making them is. And are you getting rid of Addison or not? It’s probably 10M/ year to sign him. Or are we letting everyone but a JB and Tre go? All these decisions would have to be made? And you’re creating a new hole with every move now. 

I think we paid shaq with the notion that he would be taking over for Luke and had the ability to. I dont expect him to be Luke obviously but possibly a top 5 LB. I'm not a cap expert but after cutting Olsen (wich I assume we will because of his insane cap hit) we should have a decent amount. Tre and JB are going to cost because they are younger but I dont see Addison getting 10m, his sacks are inflated. If he does demand that we can probably find someone that has similar output for less. McCoy might come back for less to play beside KK, his output wasn't exactly outstanding and he wasn't great against the run. Kendall had a down year and we should be able to get him cheaper and peters or a equivalent LT is older and shouldn't demand huge contracts. The only other guy I might sign back is wes horton for run downs but he will come cheap. Do you think these guys will fit under the cap? Obada has already signed and from what I saw he improves every year hes out there. So now we draft 1. DT 2. C 3. NT and 4 through 7 bpa. Where we are drafting the first 3 picks should start immediately. Being better against the run allows us to play cover 2 and 3 putting our safety's and corners in better positions to succeed. Dayley played well enough at LT to play LG fine imo as it is a less demanding position. With a little luck on the injury front the line playing together the whole year should make them greatly improved. We have plenty of firepower on offense imo to score 30 pts a game as long as our OC can call decent redzone plays. Playing the 43 on defense and running the nickel mostly should help us. Remember for about 5 games in 19, we had the 2nd best pass defense in the league behind the Pat's but we were able to stop the run, that is key. Reed looked worse imo because he was asked to turn his hips and run with TEs and Wrs as we were staying in the base 34 and playing single high, this is setting him up to fail. Jackson had a down year and I think he will bounce back, Boston played fine in coverage but yes is a liability when asked to tackle a HB. JB is a top 10 corner imo, so overall this unit is better outside of having Luke then the unit in 15. Luke is a massive loss and I hope shaq is ready to take on the adjustment part of the game. We will see, I could be wrong, but I'm trying for a good scenerio, maybe we do tear it all down but it is a shame to waste any years of CMC and DJ Moore. I want to see what Burns will do in year 2, I think he takes a step forward, he played with his hand in the dirt the last few games and wasn't bad against the run. Most runs we were gashed on was right up the middle. 

Archived