• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Clay 2020 NFL projection

mrcompletely11

On 6/16/2020 at 11:35 AM, stbugs said:

We are definitely being written off and honestly, it’s for good reasons. Some people in here think we’ll have an offense that will overcome the defense. Objectively, our QB hasn’t thrown over 14 TDs and even last year threw 9 in 6 games but 4 in one game at home against Tampa. 5 in the other 5 games. If you look at the turnover, depth and overall talent we have high risks without a marquee team outside of CMC and Moore. It’s not surprising at all. Some guys could step it up. We could end up with the best draft ever, but that would be pure optimism when typical reality is 1 or 2 rookies will be impact starters and we have a ton of risk without good depth. That’s a rebuilding team and I really don’t care about results. I’d be happy with 1-15 if I see the 3 young DL and DBs look like they could be solid in a year or two and another WR steps up. I’d feel good about the foundation.

I'm not even worried about record this year, I'm looking for development out of our young guys.

I'm going to assume Brown is going to be a quality starter.  Our future success is going to hinge on YGM, Chinn, Pride, and Burns.  We need to see signs of at least 2/4 being quality starters, not just starters on a bad team, but above average starters.  3/4 would be great but realistically is a lot to ask for.  If only 1/4 turns out decent we are just kind of treading water.

Archived