• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

LJ cut by Cheifs

Darth Biscuit

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/09/chiefs-officially-cut-lj/

Here's the full text of the release: "The Kansas City Chiefs released RB Larry Johnson on Monday. In 75 games (55 starts) with Kansas City, Johnson rushed 1,375 times for 5,996 yards (4.4 avg.) with 55 touchdowns. He also registered 151 receptions for 1,369 yards (9.1 avg.) with six TDs. He concluded his Chiefs career with 30 100-yard rushing games and also added two 100-yard receiving games.

i think the timing of this is ridiculous, last year he physically assaulted a woman, poured alcohol on her and spit on her. That wasn't enough to get him released but if you say a certain f word that's offensive to gays, you're gone.

cheifs clearly don't care about the conduct of their players, they're simply avoiding criticism from large special interest groups that support gay rights.

don't get me wrong, LJ is despicable, but he should have been released last year, foul language is nowhere close to what got him in trouble last year. clearly this wasn't a zero tolerance issue as he would have been let go right away.

i think the timing of this is ridiculous, last year he physically assaulted a woman, poured alcohol on her and spit on her. That wasn't enough to get him released but if you say a certain f word that's offensive to gays, you're gone.

cheifs clearly don't care about the conduct of their players, they're simply avoiding criticism from large special interest groups that support gay rights.

don't get me wrong, LJ is despicable, but he should have been released last year, foul language is nowhere close to what got him in trouble last year. clearly this wasn't a zero tolerance issue as he would have been let go right away.

Well this year they have a new leadership organization and I think you may be forgetting that he along with the slurs he also publicly bashed the coaching staff and the organization.

Not to mention it makes it easier to release someone when you realize he is officially past his prime and no longer really helping your team in anyway.

I don't think avoiding criticism from gay rights groups was a big factor in this at all. The Chiefs just had enough and I doubt anyone blames them.

Hidden

I think we are forgetting that he publicy bashed the new coach and organization and that probably played a bigger role in this that the slur he used. That and the fact that it is obvious this year that LJ is not going to help the team win on the field any longer which also makes it a bit easier to cut him. Who cares, he is garbage and the Chielfs were sick of it.

See.. you're such a winner...

Of course, I'm sure in your mind, women are lower lifeforms and deserve to be treated as such... I doubt you're much different than LJ, and I feel sorry for your wife and kids...

I should've phrased it in a way to where I'm referring to the Southpark definition of ***.

Go watch the last episode.

My wife and kids would disagree with you.

Archived