• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Mr. Zod... What is it about you and Davidson?

Cyberjag

Serious question here. You and I have completely different opinions on this guy. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's worth a damn and have criticized his hiring almost from day one. On the other side, you seem to like him enough to suggest he become the head coach.

I'm wondering why. What is it that you like about him? It's a lot more fun to be behind your team than disgusted with one of the key elements, so I'm hoping to be convinced. What does he do well? What does he bring to the table than Fox doesn't have; what makes you think he would be successful at the next step up?

Personally, I think the lines he coached in Cleveland were piss-poor, and his promotion to OC was a living example of the Peter Principle. But I want to believe. I really do.

Please convince me. :)

And on what evidence do you base that claim?

He has developed the most dangerous running game in the league, emphasizes line play and clearly knows how to tear up run defenses. With a reliable game-manager to keep defenses honest, there is no reason at all why we shouldn't be top 5. His ultra-conservative play calling at times is obviously attributable to Fox.

He has developed the most dangerous running game in the league, emphasizes line play and clearly knows how to tear up run defenses. With a reliable game-manager to keep defenses honest, there is no reason at all why we shouldn't be top 5. His ultra-conservative play calling at times is obviously attributable to Fox.
How did he do in Cleveland? How about in Charlotte without Jake? Last year he went 12-4 because of Jake, not in spite of him. And this year he's done his best to put his QB in a position to fail rather than emphasize his strengths.

I want to believe, but you have nothing. Maybe Zod will offer some insight from sources closer than the Observer and Herald.

How did he do in Cleveland? How about in Charlotte without Jake? Last year he went 12-4 because of Jake, not in spite of him. And this year he's done his best to put his QB in a position to fail rather than emphasize his strengths.

I want to believe, but you have nothing. Maybe Zod will offer some insight from sources closer than the Observer and Herald.

Stop trolling. Jake = Worst QB in the NFL. 3-5 3-5 3-5 3-5 3-5 3-5

Oh yeah, Davidson.

One great, one good RB. One good FB. All have decent hands, Williams is a terror in space. No screens, nothing creative, just pound them over and over and over (and over) off tackle until something happens.

Smith is one of the best YAC receivers their is and is a demon in space as well. No quick slants, just dump off the smoke route over and over and over. It's a good as a running play! We're the only team in the league who can't feed their #1 at all.

Deep bombs to Moose. Deep bombs to Moose.

Guy is a fuging tactical genius.

We didn't go 12-4 because of Jake.

What did he have to work with in Cleveland? And he did pretty well here without Jake considering that we had a retard squad for back up QB's (except for Moore, who still has potential, but was a rookie at the time), a worse receiving core than we do now, and Deshaun Foster as the starting RB.

Oh yeah, Davidson.

One great, one good RB. One good FB. All have decent hands, Williams is a terror in space. No screens, nothing creative, just pound them over and over and over (and over) off tackle until something happens.

Smith is one of the best YAC receivers their is and is a demon in space as well. No quick slants, just dump off the smoke route over and over and over. It's a good as a running play! We're the only team in the league who can't feed their #1 at all.

Guy is a f**king tactical genius.

Then how did we have a top ten offence last year. And a current top 5 rushing offnce this year? Despite Delhomme being the quarterback.

Yes we have great talent, but at the same time a good off cordinator take advantage of the stregths and maximises it. He works with what he has.

Oh yeah, Davidson.

Guy is a f**king tactical genius.

:lol:

As said in a previous poster what did he have to work with in Cleveland? No QB no good RB. I might be wrong but didnt he become the coordniator there midway through the season? So its not as if he really had a chance to be a staple.

Archived