• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Mr. Zod... What is it about you and Davidson?

Cyberjag

I guess Vincent's reincarnation had nothing to do with coaching then. As far as more innovative plays I wish I could post some of the formations I have seen this season. I have never seen him line up Smith in the backfield (more like directly behind the TE). I have seen more new formations this year then I have seen in a while. I think he needs a chance. It essentially a free play (like when the D jumps offsides the QB can just heave it down field because he knows he has a free play) this season is lost if he continues the suckitude on O that Fox has shown all year he can follow him out.

So I get the following from your statements, correct me if I'm wrong.

• He's done a good job on the offensive line. And he gets the credit over Dave Magazu for that.
  • He's done a good job with running backs, which means he must have been forced to name Foster as his starter by Fox.
  • He would probably call more innovative plays if Fox wasn't telling him what to do.
  • Fox makes his halftime adjustments for him.
  • He would air it out more if he had a quarterback who could do it.

Is that all fair?

And if it is, here's what I would follow up with, point by point.

• Moving Wharton to Guard has been done before, and he was good there. We got a legit tackle in the draft, and had already gotten Kalil. The talent there was not from Davidson, and I am not sold that it came together so well through his efforts. Especially given it's poor performance early this year. This isn't really a follow-up question, just a comment that I'm not sold on that point.
  • I'm curious about whether you think his running plays would be better than Henning's or any other established OC in this league, given the talent of Williams, Stewart, and the line.
  • Where has he called more innovative plays? Why do you think he would if he could?
  • Is this based on rumblings out of the locker room? I can believe that Fox would interfere with his game-planning, but playing around with offensive adjustments is a surprise to me.
  • I can believe this, he certainly tried to air it out enough with a quarterback who can't do it. What does that say about his judgment?

I know that seems argumentative, but I figure there's got to be more than just a hunch behind your position, and if so it's worth exploring. I don't like being a hater, but I haven't found a ton to like about the guy--ever.

Thanks.

Has given us a top ten offence last year, and for the second consecutive season so far a top 5 rushing offence.

Just because we have big talent doesnt mean Davidson hasnt played a pivotol role in its sucess

Archived