• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KYLE TRASK PRO-DAY

rippadonn

4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Whoever drafts him in the top 8 won’t have a job in a couple years. No TE prospect is justified being drafted that high.

People will lose their jobs if they draft him and play him exclusively inline. He’s a pure weapon that I’d take over Chase if I needed a pass catcher 

28 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Whoever drafts him in the top 8 won’t have a job in a couple years. No TE prospect is justified being drafted that high.

He compares to Calvin Johnson in almost every measurement. He is a WR and will be used like one. 

2 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Remember Devin Funchess? He was a TE in college that turned WR in the NFL. Really average career. I’m not saying that Funchess is the elite talent Pitts is coming out of college but I’d hate to draft a hybrid TE/WR. Those guys usually don’t pan out in the NFL, Funchess, Ebron, Engram, Howard. 

Stop it he’s light years above them as a prospect 

6 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

2004 #6 Kellen Winslow 
2006 #6 Vernon Davis  
2007 #31 Greg Olsen 
2009 #20 Brandon Pettigrew  
2010 #21 Jermaine Gresham 
2013 #21 Tyler Eifert 
2014 #10 Eric Ebron 
2017 #19 OJ Howard  
2017 #23 Evan Engram 
2017 #29 David Njoku
2018 #25 Hayden Hurst
2019 #8 TJ Hockenson  
2019 #20 Noah Fant 

How many of them are Kyle Pitts? 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Remember Devin Funchess? He was a TE in college that turned WR in the NFL. Really average career. I’m not saying that Funchess is the elite talent Pitts is coming out of college but I’d hate to draft a hybrid TE/WR. Those guys usually don’t pan out in the NFL, Funchess, Ebron, Engram, Howard. 

He was like a 2nd round pick who was not physical enough to play TE or smooth/fast enough to be an elite WR. That was mentioned as a negative in his draft profile...  This guy runs a 4.4 with a wingspan the longest of any player in the past 3 decades who was the main piece in Florida’s offense. How did Trask look when Pitts get injured? Not very good. Throw it under to Tooney to launch it deep I n Pitts’ direction and let him make the catch (which he almost always did). That was the Florida offense.

13 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

2004 #6 Kellen Winslow 
2006 #6 Vernon Davis  
2007 #31 Greg Olsen 
2009 #20 Brandon Pettigrew  
2010 #21 Jermaine Gresham 
2013 #21 Tyler Eifert 
2014 #10 Eric Ebron 
2017 #19 OJ Howard  
2017 #23 Evan Engram 
2017 #29 David Njoku
2018 #25 Hayden Hurst
2019 #8 TJ Hockenson  
2019 #20 Noah Fant 

Winslow, Davis, Olsen, Eifert (before injuries) were all great. Fant looks solid (needs a better QB). Ok now play your same game with Florida QBs in the NFL.

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

He’s not Calvin Johnson. Devin Funchess was used as a WR for us. He was just okay. 

What makes him not like Calvin Johnson? Speed? Height? Weight? Catch radius? College production? Or is just because you see a TE beside his name instead of WR?

8 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

You are really comparing a great college TE to one of the greatest NFL wr ever. Calvin ran a 4.35 or 4.38 at the combine. You’re not watching the player on the field. You’re looking at the measurement and trying to tell yourself that he’s Calvin Johnson when he’s not. 

Pitts ran a 4.4 with a longer wingspan. Obviously he isn’t proven like the HoF WR Johnson in the NFL. When teams see his production with his measurements they see the potential to be a Calvin Johnson. Every pick can bust or be a let down, but he is one of the safer picks in the draft. Trask is ceiling is a notch below Cousins, his floor is out of the league in a few years.