• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christian McCaffrey Arrives at Training Camp; Talks Upcoming Season

SBBlue

link:Christian McCaffrey Arrives at Training Camp; Talks Upcoming Season - YouTube

How excited are you to be healthy and just back out on the field?
Yeah I’m really excited, really excited it's been a long long off season

I know this is an odd question but was there any silver lining with you being injured last year?
Nah I mean there's never anything good about being hurt but actually yeah man I think there is.  It teaches you a lot for sure. You learn a lot about yourself….You kind of are forced when you go through adversity to either fold or or keep going and I think it was tough at first but man I learned so much and have such a big appreciation for this game and what it's giving me will  never take that for granted.
What did we not see last year from Joe Brady's offense?
I don't know we'll see we'll find out but I’m definitely excited about it I know coach Brady is such an amazing play caller and a great coach.

Did you do anything different after the injuries last year this offseason did you do anything different in your preparation 
I mean you're always adjusting for me I’m always adjusting little things here and there based on how I feel and it's really an on the move kind of adjustments.  If I feel something in the morning maybe we'll adjust a certain part of the run or a certain part of the lift but it's really just staying true to who I am....

I’ve had success I felt good in the past playing and training the way I train and so it's also not overreacting injuries happen in football.  I’m so past that now that I’m just focusing this year....

I’m just so fired up to play football again.

It's weird that I’m in year five and we have such a young team so I guess I am a veteran on this team but it definitely feels good I think  I’ve learned so much from the guys that have come before me and now I have an opportunity to pass on a lot of that knowledge to them that's exciting 

I love Wofford I mean you hate it but you love it. 

Would you choose yourself first again (in a fantasy football)
I mean yeah sure I think I think everyone would answer that the same way and that's yeah

On Camp
Camp's the best time of the year when you really think about it. I think every time I talk to somebody that's retired they miss this.   They miss just being able to focus on football and hang out with the guys….

I think the biggest thing is just to enjoy this. I think when you look at training camp as a burden it's not going to be fun. Like I said this is the stuff that you miss about football.  It's the stuff that when you look back to college this is the stuff you miss. There's not another time in your life where you get to get together with your friends and play football and go to meetings and go through these dog days.   So really enjoy the moment and not get too hyped for it either just be in the present and that's really it…

When the backs are able to get with the o-line and spend some time together it creates a different level of bond where I know who this person is. I know his story gives you just another reason to continue to push.   It's not about you.   So I think that's the best part of getting to know a team and kind of continuing to grow that brotherhood.

• Pie 1