• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mick Mixon...

Zod

The current makeup of the radio team (Mixon - play by play; Robinson - analysis; Szoke - color) has gotten pretty good. I know some folks still miss Rozinski. But in fairness, if you feel he was screwed, it wasn't Mixon that did it, and he doesn't really deserve to be beaten up over it.

Mixon actually had to make a dual transition when he was hired for the Panthers job. It wasn't just that he was changing sports (no small feat) but he also moved from being a color commentator to being a play-by-play guy. Those are two very different animals. Early on, the transition was a little rough, but he's doing way better now than he was then.

I love Eugene.

I remember after stewart scored on a 1 yard run against Chicago, Eugene goes, "A star is born mick, a star is born. End of story, a star is born". He said it with such authority, I was sitting there thinking, "A star is born after a 1 yard touchdown run? really?". It made me laugh.

I love Eugene.

I remember after stewart scored on a 1 yard run against Chicago, Eugene goes, "A star is born mick, a star is born. End of story, a star is born". He said it with such authority, I was sitting there thinking, "A star is born after a 1 yard touchdown run? really?". It made me laugh.

Eugene is freaking funny as hell, I heard that and died, I love his hype but sometimes he might take it to far

One thing I noticed - if you watch your TV via antennae - there is no delay between radio and TV. I found this out when I was watching a game on a handheld TV once when I had to take my daughter somewhere. When I walked back into the house, my TV was a few seconds ahead of the TV at home - just like the radio.

I like Eugene, but listening to him on random clips, like nfl.com's video montages, makes me cringe. Maybe I'm more used to him after I've heard him during a broadcast, and get his normal insight, but randomly hearing him excited without expecting it makes me think they just grabbed a guy off the street.

i agree with those who say mixon has gotten a lot better since he first started. he clearly learned a lot from woody durham, and that's not a bad guy to learn from. eugene is energetic, and szoke always seems to have something informative to say. i think it's really grown into a great group of announcers.

As someone who rarely gets to see the Panther games, I thoroughly enjoy the radio broadcast. The transition from Rosinski was jarring at first, but only for a while. The crew seems to work well together, they seem to like each other, and it translates well on the radio. I would much rather listen to the radio broadcast than the television banter during the games.

Archived