• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A QB that can be a TE, FB and QB.

Jangler

That's right. The Golden Calf of Bristol! A QB that can run the wildcat. A QB that has the fire to be a winner. A QB that might just fall to us in the draft. He would be perfect for us with DWill And JStew. I know alot of you you are not liking The Golden Calf of Bristol but, with the wildcat (and I'm not a fan of it) he is a fit. He is fiery, just what a lot of people like about Jake. He won't pout like Cutler if mistakes are made. He is a natural leader and a perfect QB to keep the team motivated. And another thing....... he is the type of player JR wants on his team.

Tim-Tebow.jpg

I dunno I kind of like the idea of taking Golden Tate. To finally have that legit #2 threat would be amazing. Then maybe sign some one like Campbell, or maybe if Matt Moore is allowed to show something over the next few weeks. I think we could go far with a guy who could at least throw on target, or even hit our WRs in stride.

I dunno I kind of like the idea of taking Golden Tate. To finally have that legit #2 threat would be amazing. Then maybe sign some one like Campbell, or maybe if Matt Moore is allowed to show something over the next few weeks. I think we could go far with a guy who could at least throw on target, or even hit our WRs in stride.

I agree I think Tate could end up being the best receiver in this years draft. He has only been playing there 3 years and has improved by leaps and bounds every year who knows were his ceiling is. He has great hands and very good body control. And what impresses me most is his uncanny consistency its almost like you can just give him 125+ Yards and 1+tds a game. Get him in the 2nd and get a developmental prospect like John Skelton in the 4th. Let him Moore and a FA pickup (Troy Smith pretty please) and see who comes out on top (my money would be with Troy Smith if we got him).

you really think he is going to be able to run like he did at FL in the NFL??

and his passing is pretty iffy.

I think when it comes to The Golden Calf of Bristol, it's the intangibles. His attitude. That is the kind of player that tries to get better.

I like the idea. I think character/personality-wise, he would be a great fit for our team after we dump Delhomme. Also, he would bring some media attention. I really don't like the way he passes though...I wouldn't object on picking him up though.

I really cant see any way the Jags pass on him. It makes to much business sense. The Jags are a franchise at the end of its rope. They need fans in the seats and who in this draft would come close to bringing the amount of die hard Florida football fans to them as The Golden Calf of Bristol. I like him but I think he is a bit to much of a risk I will start watching whoever drafts him more though as he is fun to watch.

I agree I think Tate could end up being the best receiver in this years draft. He has only been playing there 3 years and has improved by leaps and bounds every year who knows were his ceiling is. He has great hands and very good body control. And what impresses me most is his uncanny consistency its almost like you can just give him 125+ Yards and 1+tds a game. Get him in the 2nd and get a developmental prospect like John Skelton in the 4th. Let him Moore and a FA pickup (Troy Smith pretty please) and see who comes out on top (my money would be with Troy Smith if we got him).

Well not only that and I don't mean to sound like John Fox right now but at least if we picked up Tate we would be getting a bonefide player. I mean I would love to pick up a franchise QB but the odds of that happening in 2nd aren't very high. We should have some FA options in the off season we can look to. If we can take care of QB outside of the draft that really gives us room to pick BPA as I don't think we have many holes. We're stacked at RB, FB, TE, LB, CB, DT, DE, and FS. I'd like for us to pick up a hard hitting SS to back up Harris this year though. We lose alot in run support when he's out of the game.

I'd say pick him up and give him a shot. I hate Florida but I know The Golden Calf of Bristol is a tough player with a lot of heart. He doesn't have to have the Gunslingers arm for our passing scheme since its mainly dink and dunks to TE and smoke routes and 10 yard passes here and there in theory. How much of an arm do you really need.

Well not only that and I don't mean to sound like John Fox right now but at least if we picked up Tate we would be getting a bonefide player. I mean I would love to pick up a franchise QB but the odds of that happening in 2nd aren't very high. We should have some FA options in the off season we can look to. If we can take care of QB outside of the draft that really gives us room to pick BPA as I don't think we have many holes. We're stacked at RB, FB, TE, LB, CB, DT, DE, and FS. I'd like for us to pick up a hard hitting SS to back up Harris this year though. We lose alot in run support when he's out of the game.

I actually like Skelton more then any QB in this draft. I'm not saying we should draft him in the 2nd but I think as a 3rd or 4th round pick he has tremendous value as I think he is this years Flacco (big frame 6'5" 258, big arm, and surprising athleticism). He is a project but I really see no QB in this draft who is not one.

Archived