• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

Was just coming to post that.

Lord Stanley has called everything so I’m leaning toward believing that it’s true.

If he tore his achilles then the best case scenario is that he’s back by the start of the playoffs.

Only option is to LTIR Patches and trade for Kane or sign Kadri (if he’s still available, rumor is he’s headed to NYI).

Unfortunately, guys like: Kessel, Rodrigues, and Stastny won’t be enough, even if a couple were signed.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Was just coming to post that.

Lord Stanley has called everything so I’m leaning toward believing that it’s true.

If he tore his achilles then the best case scenario is that he’s back by the start of the playoffs.

Only option is to LTIR Patches and trade for Kane or sign Kadri (if he’s still available, rumor is he’s headed to NYI).

Unfortunately, guys like: Kessel, Rodrigues, and Stastny won’t be enough, even if a couple were signed.

It "called" them after they were rumored before the manor it was done was suspect imo I don't even think we have team activity right now.

and on the off chance it's true it opens him up for LTIR and a potential playoff addition, the Canes will make a move, I'd almost guarentee Kane I don't see Khadri he's gonna want to much too long and the fact we are more competitive than the NYI won't matter.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
Addition
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's on the nhl board I'm on doesn't seem credible, it's an account with like 220 followers... That "called the Burns and Pac deals" after they were already rumored.... the account also left it up like 5 minutes.

That account posted the returns before anyone, literally replied to one of the insiders tweets with the return before it was even out there. Not saying it’s 100% accurate but it even called the interest in Tkachuk and our rumored info wasn’t even leaked until after.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It "called" them after they were rumored before the manor it was done was suspect imo I don't even think we have team activity right now.

Guys are skating and working out so it’s possible, there’s already videos of Patches working out on the ice.

So it’s not out of the realm that it’s true.

It could be a fake leak to try and out whoever is leaking all the info but who knows… guess we’ll find out soon.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Guys are skating and working out so it’s possible, there’s already videos of Patches working out on the ice.

So it’s not out of the realm that it’s true.

It could be a fake leak to try and out whoever is leaking all the info but who knows… guess we’ll find out soon.

I addressed that with an edit as you posted.... the previous "leaks" didn't have much time if any until it was on espn.... And both were already rumor..... If it's true it's sketchy that they deleted it so fast. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I addressed that with an edit as you posted.... the previous "leaks" didn't have much time if any until it was on espn.... And both were already rumor..... If it's true it's sketchy that they deleted it so fast. 

Rumor or not that was the first account to literally leak the Burns trade in regards to the compensation… literally all the way down to the retention.

Also called the Patches trade first (including Coghlan), and no, we were not being linked to him.

Then stated that Tkachuk was likely on his way to St. Louis unless Carolina stepped up their offer. Obviously Florida came in at the last second but it was later revealed by insiders that St. Louis and Carolina were the other suitors.

Then there was the Necas deal and while Czech media was already reporting it, the term and details weren’t confirmed, the account once again got that right.

I want it to be wrong just as much as you do but that account is fairly new and has been leaking everything correctly. It almost seems like some new Canes intern got a hold of Twitter and is leaking everything.

As I said, it could be a case where the Canes planted a fake rumor and were trying to weed out someone leaking stuff and that’s why the account didn’t want it posted long.

The fact that the original tweet said that they wouldn’t leave the tweet up long only improves the credibility. Basically saying that this happened but I can’t leave it up right now because only a few people even know and it could blow my cover.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rumor or not that was the first account to literally leak the Burns trade in regards to the compensation… literally all the way down to the retention.

Also called the Patches trade first (including Coghlan), and no, we were not being linked to him.

Then stated that Tkachuk was likely on his way to St. Louis unless Carolina stepped up their offer. Obviously Florida came in at the last second but it was later revealed by insiders that St. Louis and Carolina were the other suitors.

Then there was the Necas deal and while Czech media was already reporting it, the term and details weren’t confirmed, the account once again got that right.

I want it ti be wrong just as much as you do but that account is fairly new and has been leaking everything correctly. It almost seems like some new Canes intern got a hold of Twitter and is leaning everything.

As I said, it could be a case where the Canes planted a fake rumor and were trying to weed  out someone leaking stuff and that’s why the account didn’t want it posted long.

The fact that the original tweet said that they wouldn’t leave the tweet up long only improves the credibility. Basically saying that this happened but I can’t leave it up right now because only a few people even know.

How well do you dig on the internet at the start of FA? Not trying to be crass here but there were rumors on several NHL betting websites that were at almost exactly the same time..  and with both it was on espn within hours. The more recent tweets are just regurgitation of week old numbers and rumors.... lol I bet it's abby labar 🤣

4 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

How well do you dig on the internet at the start of FA? Not trying to be crass here but there were rumors on several NHL betting websites that were at almost exactly the same time..  and with both it was on espn within hours. The more recent tweets are just regurgitation of week old numbers and rumors.... lol I bet it's abby labar 🤣

We’ll see.

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I call BS until otherwise 

https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes

True unfortunately for Pac.... The article just announces he will have surgery and is expected to miss 6 months.... It doesn't time table the injury.... I'm guessing Kane is in play big time right now..... and LTIR Pac 

• Pie 1

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Well this sucks…

On the bright side. They can LTIR him and still have $6M or so to play with and that’s even with Gardiner coming to camp (to see if he has anything left).

They should be able to get enough retainment on Kane if they want to add him.

Bright side is the potential to LTIR him get Kane and potentially have him for the playoffs.....The announcement was closely worded it didn't say he tore his achilles today, Just that he was having surgery, it kind of implies it was at least a partial tear when he was acquired (and our push to stack the team in a Tampa esque manner make more sense....  I don't think we try Khadri but I do see us offering a good package for Kane.

• Pie 1