• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Cowher guarantees...

HGG

One can only hope that Delhomme will possibly consider retirement after this season. It would certainly allow us the money to get a decent starter next year, if not in the years to follow. 8-18..6 fumbles-3 lost. No excuses for him to still be in as he is dragging down this team. Deangelo's facial expression at the end of the game said it all.

I'll be wearing my Fire Fox shirt next week in the endzone for sure.

I can seriously see him doing that. If he's not going to start, he may decide to spend more time with his horses.

Money+Good city+Opportunity to start+Chance to win now=Any FA QB we want no matter who the coach is.

This is very true. And before you make a statement like "A FA QB will come here if..." you might want to look at who will actually be available.

The best out there will probably be Kyle Orton. But he's young at 26 and probably looking to stay put. You can expect the Broncos to give him a contract before free agency ever becomes an issue.

Jason Campbell has been a huge disappointment for his entire career. The Skins will let him walk, and unless you think that the Panthers will suddenly become amazing at developing Quarterbacks, they should pass on him. Picture 2006 Jake who gets worse instead of better in the fourth quarter.

Chad Pennington is 33 and has a weak arm, so this would be a true stop-gap measure. He's also got a bad injury history, and I can't see him actually getting better rather than worse as he ages.

Tarvaris Jackson will stay a Viking, they'll want to see how a year sitting behind Favre has effected him. He has a lot of upside, and the Vikings will probably keep him around (he's a RFA).

Kellen Clemens showed us today just how good he can be... He has journeyman written all over him.

Kyle Boller might be worth a look, a change of scenery could turn him into a serviceable starter while we developed a quality QB.

Of course, David Carr will be available. :)

So will Rex Grossman and Joey Harrington...

And if you want possibly the best stop-gap player, if Jon Kitna can go he would probably be very good with our running game.

Tell me which one of those guys would reject the Panthers based on who the coach is. :P

I think Campbell could be worth a look. I think our supporting cast is good enough to absorb some of his flaws. But my hope is that Matt Moore is the guy. He could be the one to save us big time next draft. I mean obviously the odds of him being what we need him to be may not be very high but you never know. He has not proven to be worthless yet.

FA QB's are that for a reason. Most of them stink and I don't see any worth wasting time on in this crop. We need Matt Moore to not suck too bad and to get into the first round of the draft to get a QB. FA QB's are back up QB's.

Archived