• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Max Update

Anybodyhome

Per Walt Ruff, the MRI on Max's injury has been delayed until Monday to allow things to settle a bit.

The Canes skated this morning, obviously without Max, and Jacob Slavin was also absent. Should be noted that Slavin did not play the last few minutes of last night's game. Hopefully, just some rest for him as much ice time as he gets.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I re-watched the game on BSSO this afternoon and Max got his skate blade caught in a rut right on the goal line just a few feet from the net. His right foot was turned ever so slightly and his skate blade was all on the ice. Typically, an achilles injury occurs when the foot is coming up as the trailing leg while running or skating. It really looked like a twisted ankle to me, with tendon or ligament damage a possibility. The few achilles injuries I've seen didn't look like that. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but..

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

I re-watched the game on BSSO this afternoon and Max got his skate blade caught in a rut right on the goal line just a few feet from the net. His right foot was turned ever so slightly and his skate blade was all on the ice. Typically, an achilles injury occurs when the foot is coming up as the trailing leg while running or skating. It really looked like a twisted ankle to me, with tendon or ligament damage a possibility. The few achilles injuries I've seen didn't look like that. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but..

The fact that he grabs his calf muscle leads me to believe that it’s his achilles. Throughout every achilles injury I’ve seen, the individual always grabs that calf muscle.

• Pie 2

On 1/20/2023 at 6:19 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

The fact that he grabs his calf muscle leads me to believe that it’s his achilles. Throughout every achilles injury I’ve seen, the individual always grabs that calf muscle.

Yep, the tendon rolls right up next to the calf and there's an intense burning sensation.  As soon as I saw him grab the back of his leg there I was like "oh no."  😢

• Pie 1