• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict Offseason Moves

unicar15

Its about that time...

We are out of the playoffs, we are displeased with the coaches. What is left to talk about other than spoiling the NO undefeated season?

1. At this point I'm not just hoping Cowher is hired...I almost expect it to happen.

2. Unless Peppers takes a pay cut from the other ridiculous deals that have been given out to DL (Haynesworth and probably Dockett this year) then I expect him to be gone. That will free up a large sum to pursue a FA.

3. We are in a pickle with our QB situation because obviously we don't have a QB worthy of starting in the NFL at this time. We are committed to give Delhomme 13 million at the minimum and it doesn't matter if we cut him or not..he's getting that 13 million bucks. I think the most financially sound decision would be to keep him for next year then release him...but I could be wrong. Either way, I'd expect us to draft a QB in either round 1 or 2. There are a lot of them coming out this year and we could end up with a steal.

4. FA that we look at is going to depend on how much room we have from losing Peppers and possibly restructuring other deals. If it was a perfect world then Delhomme would man up and realize that he essentially cost us a season and would willingly re-negotiate to allow us to improve our team. But we all know thats not going to happen.

I'm not sold on the idea of signing Campbell, Pennington, Volek, or any other stop gap QB. I'd rather just draft our guy and feed him to the fire right off the bat. Its not like he would be any worse than what Jake Delhomme was this year. In fact...I'd probably throw the top 5 rookies in there ahead of Delhomme and expect better results to tell you the truth.

Either way...Getting Fox out and getting Cowher in should be the first order of business and would make us an instantly better team. Also...find a way to keep Ron Meeks...the guy is a S-T-U-D. Who knew all along with TURDOVAC our defense was one of the best in the league??? And to think...Fox offered him his job back. :eek:

Archived