• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Orlovsky..the guy we went after for QB coach. Showing why you take CJ Stroud #1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Won't believe anything until the pick is announced either way. I just don't see how the NFL wants picks being tipped weeks before the draft. They want this drawn out and all the drama and talk with it.

Yeah the only way to confirm this is accurate is to wait and see how the draft actually goes, which is why I'm not putting a lot of stock in this, just pointing out a potential oddity from the NFL's official website.

• Beer 1

I don’t care what Bryce Young people think, and what these media types claim they know. 
I just won’t believe that football professionals would make Bryce Young at 5’10 185lbs the overall number one unless it happens. Then I will believe. I won’t understand but will believe. 

And will be massively disappointed in Reich and Fitterer if that happens. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

22 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

It would be nice if people spent an equal (if not more) amount of time on the OC as they do the QB coach. Yes, McCown is huge in the grooming and evolution of whoever we take at 1, but Brown is a future NFL HC from a very strong offensive system and building out the architecture of our offense. 

Brown is the afterthought in this whole process and we keep hearing about McCown this, and McCown shooting hoops, etc. I also think Caldwell has a bigger influence in this then people think too. 

Exactly - except I see another issue, all three of these people should have more say so than Tepper, Tepper’s wife, Reich, and Fit if this FO was smart. Been saying this and will continue to do so. The latter have recent god awful judgement calls as much as people here hate to admit it. However the three you pointed out have great track records.

Unfortunately I feel they’re all the afterthought in comparison.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Wes21 said:

Thanks for posting.  Immediately after that play they went into my biggest criticism of Young.  He holds onto the ball and makes a hero throw when it was absolutely unnecessary.

honestly 50% of his highlight reel would be an easy sack in the NFL. makes me nervous about him.

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, rodeo said:

honestly 50% of his highlight reel would be an easy sack in the NFL. makes me nervous about him.

If Young is who the Panther will pick at #1 only to find out in time that he may be in a lot of trouble is he holds on to the ball too long. I know we have seen the results of that situation and it is a huge sack the is about to happen because of it.