• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calvin Johnson on the trading block?

panthersphan

Yes let's sign Calvin Johnson so we can throw to him 35 times a year. He'd take one look at the history of Panthers receivers behind Smitty and refuse to come.

Anyways there's no way in hell Detroit trades him. He's their best player. You don't trade Megatron.

Detroit is FINALLY figuring out how to build a successful franchise. Sell high. Buy low.

Exactly why we should look to trade Smith for a 1st.

here's the thing....the lions aren't talking about trading johnson.

they said they are trying to get more good players in, not get rid of them.

this was a silly rumor.

Detroit is FINALLY figuring out how to build a successful franchise. Sell high. Buy low.

Exactly why we should look to trade Smith for a 1st.

Lol, no. Megatron is 24 years old, not even close to entering his prime, and I GUARANTEE you that in a few years he'll be the best receiver in the league. Trading away stars is not the answer to a successful franchise, drafting good players is.

If I were Detroits GM, I'd trade down to get more picks, and select good players to build their defense and offensive line. Kinda like what the Browns did last year, they're entering 2010 off season with 11 picks to choose from a very talented draft class.

Stafford will be an elite QB in this league, and Megatron will help with that.

Lol, no. Megatron is 24 years old, not even close to entering his prime, and I GUARANTEE you that in a few years he'll be the best receiver in the league. Trading away stars is not the answer to a successful franchise, drafting good players is.

If I were Detroits GM, I'd trade down to get more picks, and select good players to build their defense and offensive line. Kinda like what the Browns did last year, they're entering 2010 off season with 11 picks to choose from a very talented draft class.

he could be an elite QB for sure. i like him. i agree that megatron is going to be helping with that. they have a lot to work with there.

If you can trade the ONE pro-bowl WR to receive a great tackle AND a good WR/etc...you do it. Detroit is an old old team in terms of their O and D lines. They have to do something...or Megatron will just go the way of Barry Sanders and just sit on a dead team.

If you can trade the ONE pro-bowl WR to receive a great tackle AND a good WR/etc...you do it. Detroit is an old old team in terms of their O and D lines. They have to do something...or Megatron will just go the way of Barry Sanders and just sit on a dead team.

They will have a high enough pick to select the best tackle in the draft, and likely will(or will select a D-linemen). People need to understand that 1 player doesn't make or break a team, Lions have several needs, and if they get rid of Megatron that adds another need for a #1 receiver. You can't go around filling rosters with several top 5 picks, you'd run out of money, fast.

They aren't the Panthers right now. We have talent but aren't doing well, Detroit has NO TALENT except Megatron, Stafford, and KIND OF Kevin Smith, although it looks like he's lost a step from last season.

i would say that it makes sense to trade away overvalued players that some team is willing to overpay for....kind of like they did with roy williams to dallas. it was nice to see them get screwed by the lions.

megatron isn't over hyped or over valued.

trading your best players for a couple lesser players is what cause the charlotte hornets to be as successful as they were.

Archived