• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Game last night, A viking fan's perspective - sort of

PeteRozelle

Sorry,

I am a PANTHERS FAN...

Its the "i was a fan of this team before the panthers" fans that make BOA such a "away fan" paradise.

He's Panther "fan" until we play his old team, then he wears all his Viking poo to the game...

pfffttt..

whatever- thats BS- I am glad they lost.

This sounds like some sort of turf war between gangs. Don't wear red going into the blue stadium, eh? (Blood/Crip reference.)

there are always a few assholes. i got along with all panther fans i met. as you see from my post count.....i kinda like you guys ;):D

Everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line are friends, right? :cool:

I don't have friends who aren't panther fans. No exceptions

Lmao.

It's easy for some to gripe about the other teams fans getting hold of tickets. What's that say about or own fan base? I drive almost 700 miles round trip for home games. I make most of them, but sometimes I can't. I don't have a network of 'Cats fans to offer my tickets to, I have to post them via the available means necessary to avoid eating them. I've been going to the stadium since the first season there in '96, and I've been hearing the same crap: "anytime you have tickets to sell, let me know". Well, when they were 'let known', most times the declined. The best thing that ever happened is the online ticket posting, although they will not allow for selling the tickets below a certain minimum. But when I couldn't unload the Dolphins tix in a week's time, you know the fan base is 'fickle' to say the least. When push comes to shove, I'll sell my tix to whoever will buy them. If the other sides fans want to support THEIR team when they're in Charlotte, more power to them.

Most of these guys aren't trying to be mean, they just wish people would make more of a effort of getting Panthers fans into the stadium instead of people that are fans of the opposing team.

Then again, some are just delusional.

From Dockery..

"Most of these guys aren't trying to be mean, they just wish people would make more of a effort of getting Panthers fans into the stadium instead of people that are fans of the opposing team."

I don't have a means for doing that. Posting on these boards hasn't helped. If a thread is developed where ONLY 'Cat fans can advertise their desire to obtain tickets, that might be a start. One other thing that plays out here, I usually don't know until a few days before game time whether I'll be able to make it or not. The 'window' for offering the tickets to charity via the Panthers ticket site closes before the selling period does. The selling period ends on midnight of game day, the charity period ends a few days before.

Archived