• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reaction following the game

Rhys

I left the bar, extremely enthusiastic, ready to hear sportscasters explain away this 41-9 win, ready to read the raucous celebration posts and slamming of Giants and Saints fans, etc.

Nope. Not a single sportscaster has mentioned our recent abilities. No one mentioned our win against the Vikings last week, and how good we're looking despite being knocked out of the playoffs weeks ago. No, all they want to talk about is how badly the Giants played, like last week, it was all about how badly the Vikings played, nothing about the Panthers. I guess I should be used to it though.

And the message boards? This stupid incessant campaign to take everything good and describe it as if it had nothing to do with Fox, and everything bad and it attribute it to Fox's ability to pull the wool over our eyes.

-He didn't win the last two games, the players did

-Kalil was just saying what he had to, the company line, when defending Fox

-Peppers is just playing for money, and to help his contract

-He would have Jake start if he could

-He's inconsistent, he's too conservative, and he has to much input in the offense and defense

-He hasn't been able to draft any good WR's or QB's

-He's bargained our future away in the draft

-Moore was obviously better, but Fox was just too stubborn and stupid to put him in

-He's too loyal to players

-He held on to Peppers and let him ruin our depth with his franchise tender

-He lets better players sit on the bench, when he could be playing them

-He's putting guys on IR to save his job

-He's too stubborn

-He says "It is what it is" too much

-He's playing us for a fool, saving his career even in losing seasons

Is that everything guys? Did I get it right? Is that all the criticism?

Wow, from the looks of it, he is singlehandedly dismantling our franchise and is personally seeing to it that we never win a single game. The only effort he puts in to wins is to save his job right?

7-8, and you guys hate the man this much. If we finish 8-8 I'm sure it will have nothing to do with Fox, and everything to do with our players.

Well, I for one enjoyed the win, and I will enjoy it if we win next week. I'll let Richardson and the coaching and management staff decide the coach next year, whether we keep Peppers, if we draft a QB, etc. Because I don't know as much as they do, and they can make a much more informed decision than I can.

Wait no...

Really they should hire Sam Mills Fan as our GM, he knows best. Oh, and I would definitely listen to the mob mentality and sign Vick, and trade Stewart and Williams for picks, and hire Cower and Weiss, and let Peppers walk, and cut Delhomme regardless, and draft The Golden Calf of Bristol, and do everything the fans want, because we're really smart. GO PANTHERS!!!

Anyone got a copy of the LEAVEBRITTANYALONE pic?

Haha fair enough, but in my defense I wasn't as much defending Fox as I was pointing out how ridiculous some of this sh*t is. Honestly, if Richardson decides to part ways with Fox, I'll be uneasy as I don't know how well our team will do next year, I'm scared of a Raheem Morris type of situation.

the criticism is all too often overdone and based in ignorance, but there is also truth in a LOT of what is said. there ARE problems. (if there weren't we'd be in the playoffs.)

Agreed.

Though I'm not saying we don't have problems, even if we were going to the playoffs, we'd have problems. I don't think there's a team going into the playoffs this year without problems.

Archived