• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Coaches, Stop Coddling

Carolina Cajun

2 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

I’ll say this, and I know it will sound crazy. However, I see the same things from Bryce now that I saw while he was at Bama.

Everyone mocks Bryce as a “super processor,” but it’s really true. He is so cerebral and such a student of the game that he always knows what the “right” (see, safe) play is. The fact that he knows the “right” play gets in the way of his taking risks, albeit calculated, for big plays. He did this during periods at Bama, and it was infuriating. I also think Bates’ two INTs have caused Bryce to be a bit gun shy. 

All that being said, I believe Bryce will work his way through these issues. He is not performing nearly as well as Stroud or AR, but I believe he will get there. I hope he does, at least. 

I’d be curious if there are any other bama fans that could opin on this too. I really believe Reich is his biggest hurdle right now. I don’t know if Young’s ceiling is as high as some hoped.

I really feel like Reich has this year long play calling game plan where Young doesn’t progress to the next level until he completes what Reich wants him to do and that’s all Reich cares about. We’ve been stuck on the first step for 3 games now.