• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some coaches want out. But the Clown in the high castle (Tepper) says nope

ncfan

51 minutes ago, d-dave said:

That's what folks need to understand, most NFL teams block lateral moves for assistant coaches.  We're in a different situation because we are without a head coach.  We did this before with OL and ST.  I'm not sure if it's common throughout the league, to hold old coaches for new HC and staffs.

I will say Evero and Tabor are great coaches, and I think any new HC would be thrilled to have them.  Then again, the NFL is an ego business...  So all bets are off.

Honestly, there's a lot of much ado about nothing because everyone is just dancing with different partners right now.  If Evero gets a HC gig, then he's gone.  If we hire a new HC and they want their own DC, then Evero will be DC else where.  It will all work itself out.

We're only blocking defensive guys and Tabor. Brown and other offensive coaches are free to do what they want.

And to be clear, hanging on to guys in the middle of a coaching transition is common, but not universal. Plenty of teams allow guys to interview elsewhere out of courtesy because they know the new head coach might not want them.

Mind you, this is one of those things that successful organizations don't get criticized for all that much. Dysfunctional ones like us are a different story.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2