• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam on Dan LeBatard

On 1/19/2024 at 8:17 PM, KillerKat said:

Cam still doesnt get the respect he deserves. I was listening to Greeny earlier this week and he was talking about who paved the path for the new gen of QBs today. He said Kaep and Im like wtf? Cam did it better with lesser talent around him. 

Him and Golic used to always poo on Cam, especially before we went on that run from '13-Super Bowl 50.

He's generally pretty well regarded and respected now, but I think a lot of people (especially those who weren't Panthers fans at the time) have forgotten the endless streams of hit pieces, bad-faith criticism, and just generally garbage sports punditry that Cam endured.  If he took a piss in the urinal, the way he unzipped his pants was indicative of low character and poor leadership.  Nothing he ever did was right, and if he did do something indisputably good, the usual morons were either quiet or defaulted to the "well that's the least you expect of a number one overall pick, he's supposed to do that" line.  I won't even get started on the PFT commenter type people.

Every year it seemed like there was some quarterback coming out (Luck, RGIII, the aforementioned Kaepernick) whose knob they polished as the "cerebral", "high character" anti-Cam.  Interestingly, he was the last one standing out of all of them.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:20 PM, Castavar said:

That's all I want these days. The last "fun" thing that happened to this franchise since Tepper took over was, unironically, Cam coming back for those few weeks. This franchise has been a depressing sh*t show for damn near a decade now. If we're going to watch a noddle arm QB next season anyway, I'd rather watch the GOAT Panther do it. At least you'll know that sh*t would be entertaining!

Cam is still the greatest short yardage and goalline threat in the history of the nfl, and still would be.

• Flames 1