• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Showcase Bowls

Untouchable

With the Shrine Bowl and Senior Bowl running this week.  Figured I'd start a place to talk about all the prospects. I'll put the weigh-ins here too because I can't imagine analytics suddenly wont matter to the new staff:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/01/2024-east-west-shrine-bowl-rosters-measurement-results-official-heights-weights/

https://www.the33rdteam.com/2024-senior-bowl-weigh-in-measurement-results-for-nfl-prospects/

As stated in other topics I've seen very good reports following WRs Malik Washington, Roman Wilson, Ladd McConkey and now Tahj Washington and Jamari Thrash.  DLs Brandon Dorlus and Mike Hall, CB Jarvis Brownlee Jr. and Quinton Mitchell and iOL Jackson Powers-Johnson also drawing heavy praise so far.

• Pie 1

Watched a bit of the drills today. Oline is of particular interest.  As well as sleeper WR prospects need to be watched. Stocks will rise and fall cause of these showcases. I just hope we have competent talent evaluators there to take notes. 

https://youtu.be/_C3Tbl8ozVE?si=rtrFXcytwzcFPEG-

The prospects from the Shrine Bowl highlighted here are:

Malik Washington, WR, Virginia (5081, 192 lbs, 30" arm, 9.125" hand, 73.25" wing) - Slot prospect mainly due to size that was unguardable at the Shrine Bowl.  Day 2 prospect, probably round 3 currently.

Renardo Green, CB, FSU (5114, 187 lbs, 31" arm, 8.625" hand, 74.25" wing) - Press man corner with good tape against a bunch of draft prospects, but length might be a sticking point with analytics.  Probably will go the highest in the draft of this group, potentially round 2.

Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado State (6013, 252 lbs, 32.5" arm, 8.375" hand, 78" wing) - Tape is good, length again isn't there.  Seen as high as a 4th rounder, could go later due to length concerns.

Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville (5116, 220 lbs, 30.75" arm, 9" hand, 75.5" wing) - Low mileage, fast and powerful who can help in the pass game also as a converted WR. One of my favorite prospects coming out of the Shrine Bowl.  Day 3 prospect currently.

Garret Greenfield, OT, South Dakota State (6057, 310 lbs, 33.5" arm, 9.75" hand, 83.5" wing) - Enough length to stick outside maybe even as a solid swing tackle option but also being looked at on inside at OG. Looks like he's graded later in Day 3 currently maybe about the 6th round.

Edited by Untouchable

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville (5116, 220 lbs, 30.75" arm, 9" hand, 75.5" wing) - Low mileage, fast and powerful who can help in the pass game also as a converted WR. One of my favorite prospects coming out of the Shrine Bowl.  Day 3 prospect currently.

this guy is seriously fun for me to watch. day 3 would be a steal imo.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Malik Washington, WR, Virginia (5081, 192 lbs, 30" arm, 9.125" hand, 73.25" wing) - Slot prospect mainly due to size that was unguardable at the Shrine Bowl.  Day 2 prospect, probably round 3 currently.

looks like the kind of receiver we'd really be going for. he's got that smitty fight in him and on most of his catches there's no one around him. unguardable? looks like it. he gets a lot of separation.