• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I can't figure it out.

Why is it that when Tiger is dominating the PGA tour everyone loves him and wants him to win. But with Jimmy Johnson, everyone hates him more with each race he wins. And I am included in this. I almost dont even care to watch the races right now because of how much better the 48 team is than everyone else.. Makes things really boring lately...

NASCAR has always been different. We like guys to win but win too much and we hate em. It makes no sense but it's the way it is.

Personally, I'm on board, have been on board and couldn't be happier! If you can't beat him, get better. Work harder, cheat better, run faster. Whatever.

But don't hate on the guy cause he's absolutely dominating other professional athletes.

Personally, I'm on board, have been on board and couldn't be happier! If you can't beat him, get better. Work harder, cheat better, run faster. Whatever.

Or have the league introduce measures that create parody.

I'm not calling for that, but it happened in other sports.

That said, introducing it in NASCAR would be like telling Usain Bolt he has to walk the 100m so it's fair.

The fans hated Gordon for the same reason, and you have to remember that a lot of Johnson fans are Gordon fans too, and likewise, Johnson haters are Gordon haters too. Strangely they've both always struck me as good guys -- and in Gordon's case, somehow modest! Yet two cocky drivers (ironically, teammates of these two) are wildly popular. And I don't mean Mark Martin.

There are plenty of golf fans that hate Tiger for the same reason, but because of golf etiquette in place you will not hear people booing him as he walks up to the 18th green. Golf fans and NASCAR fans are from different planets anyway.

Plenty of people hate the Yankees cause they win too much

Plenty of fans hate the Patriots because they win too much.

Jimmie Johnson winning makes it boring because he is a bit boring. If Kyle Busch was winning this much, many people would hate that also but I don't think it would be considered as boring.

There are plenty of golf fans that hate Tiger for the same reason, but because of golf etiquette in place you will not hear people booing him as he walks up to the 18th green. Golf fans and NASCAR fans are from different planets anyway.

Plenty of people hate the Yankees cause they win too much

Plenty of fans hate the Patriots because they win too much.

Jimmie Johnson winning makes it boring because he is a bit boring. If Kyle Busch was winning this much, many people would hate that also but I don't think it would be considered as boring.

You just described me!

difference is Tiger makes Golf exciting, because of big shots and then him coming from behind to win. Also, on the golf course anything can happen. I think it is boring if Tiger goes into Sunday with a 5 stroke lead, and by the time the last two tee off he is still in the lead.....You just kind of watch in awe or hoping he shoots the worst round of golf ever.

Racing is a little different, nobody likes to watch follow the leader....If a driver has a fast racecar it doesn't matter who wins it the race is generally boring unless their engine blows, or cut tire into the wall. Yesterday probably was one of the worst Las Vegas races to date, because Gordon dominated all but 30 laps and then Johnson dominated the rest.

Tweeder, no offense but I knew that i'd hear that argument today. As a matter of fact, I made the comment during the race "If green flag funs ain't ur thing, you're gonna hate today" and it was directed toward my dog at the time i believe. haha

Anyway, for the same reason yesterday was boring for you, i loved it. We don't get long green flag runs anymore to see who actually a great "Race Car" instead of a bunch of 10 lap heats.

jmo

Coming thru traffic , tires falling off toward the end of a run, track conditions, those are the things i remember about Nascar growing up. Now it's litterally a bunch of heats and all they ahve to do is set the car up for the short run to win.

jmo

Long green flag runs are fun....if you're in person. Watching on TV you're at the whim of the TV producer...usually not too enjoyable.

exactly.....also, green flag runs are also great if you have lead changes, when you have a car that Gordo had yesterday it is almost a shame he lost the race because of a bad decision. I just cant stand that one car running on rails the whole damn race and lead every lap but the pit stop laps, and their car is so good it can run on 4 tires, two tires or hell sometime no tires....that to me is an instant nap

JJ is not the best race car driver in nascar. But he has the best team. I am a die hard smoke fan. Watching JJ win all the races and the championships has really sucked. He is very boring and brings little personality to the sport. If you put other drivers i.e. Harvick or Edwards in the #48 would they dominate? To be the man you have to beat the man...and smoke will beat the man this year!

Archived