• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jason Heyward Nuthugging Thread

Scrumtrilescent

LOL @ Stanton being better than Heyward.

I sense nervous laughter in that LOL. It's ok to be scared. ;)

Congrats to Heyward on setting his first MLB record and joining the ranks of those who have struck out 5 times in a 9 inning game keeping his 24% strikeout percentage in tact. (although Stanton has a history of striking out also). Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know his ability to walk is good.

I shall dedicate a thread to post daily comparisons of the two (Stanton vs. Heyward).....at least until I get bored or go on vacation next week.

I sense nervous laughter in that LOL. It's ok to be scared. ;)

Congrats to Heyward on setting his first MLB record and joining the ranks of those who have struck out 5 times in a 9 inning game keeping his 24% strikeout percentage in tact. (although Stanton has a history of striking out also). Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know his ability to walk is good.

I shall dedicate a thread to post daily comparisons of the two (Stanton vs. Heyward).....at least until I get bored or go on vacation next week.

I'll eat my damn hat if Stanton is better than Heyward this year. So what if Heyward is striking out a lot right now? Every rookie has their struggles when they get to the majors. Fact is that there were zero scouts that were doubting Heyward's ability when he came up and I've heard from several places that Stanton isn't ready to handle ML breaking balls.

Fact is that only six other players in MLB history have put up a .900 OPS at 20 or younger. Heyward is doing it right now, and I highly doubt that Stanton will be once he reaches 200 PA.

The best-case scenario for Mike Stanton is an Adam Dunn-type hitter, in my opinion.

Archived