• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Jason Heyward Nuthugging Thread

Scrumtrilescent

He is a thug......destroying personal property is no laughing matter.....hope he starts opening day off in a jail cell.

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/02/23/dented-truck-smashed-sunroof-heywards-hitting/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Lake Buena Vista, Fla. – A dented Coca-Cola truck and a smashed sunroof on a team executive’s car. The carnage from Braves prospect Jason Heyward’s first rounds of batting practice Tuesday.

“He’s strong as an ox,” hitting coach Terry Pendleton said of the 6-foot-5, 245-pound rookie right fielder.

“Every ball was just scalded,” said manager Bobby Cox, who compared the sound of the ball off Heyward’s bat to when Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle took batting practice.

The Coke truck was rolling past the right-center field fence at Champion Stadium when Heyward hit a screamer towards the gap. The ball kept rising, the seemed to hone in on its target, smashing into it with the sound like a brick against a garage door.

A few swings later, the same truck was parked in a lot behind the right-field fence. Heyward, 20, hit a ball completely over it, smashing the sunroof of assistant general manager Bruce Manno’s car.

Just heard some Braves fans in my office talking about how Heyward hit his first bomb of the season (although pre season) today. Some 420 ft. shot that sounded like a meteor crashing to earth or something.

I'll see if they want to hug Heywards nuts with you Srum. is there a membership fee associated with this club and do you meet every Wednesday night in a treehouse somewhere?

Heyward is the truth and my type of player! Heard he cranked his 1st homerun today.

The Braves are looking good. I know its only spring training, but they're hitting the ball well. Glad to see Martin and Escobar are pretty much picking up where they left off last year.

kid has a swing. i've never thought I say this, but this kid reminds of grif jr. hope he doesnt have jr work ethic, dude got by raw talent for yrs upon yrs. if only he become a pro and got serious, just about every record hitting would have fell.

Archived