• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was depressed the other day

NJPanthers12

so i decided to look through my collection of the Panthers ROAR magazine. I figured I had to have something in there that I could read and chear me up. Well I found the special 2003 Super Bowl edition magazine, and at the end there is an interview with Hurney and Fox. One of the questions in the interview ask them if they are going to be active in the offseason since they have a decent team and just made the Super Bowl. They both were quoted on saying that their favorite quote is, "If you are not getting better you are getting worse."

So my question to you Hurney, Fox, and the rest of Panthers Nation, in what way have we gotten better by releasing Diggs and Lewis. By not retaining Peppers, Brayton, or Lloyd? Its funny how there just jumping away from their philosophy this offseason of building their team through the offensive and defensive lines. But no I do not blame Hurney nor Fox, I blame the "Big Cat". The beloved Charlotte icon who is putting his bank account and the NFL before the team. If he considers this a wash season, shouldnt the Panther fans do the same and not show up to games, not spend any money on concessions or anything else. It is not like the "Big Cat" will be losing money anway since hes gonna take the 20 mil he saved on Pep and put i right into his bank account.

Maybe if our fans actually make a statement and do not show up to games this year they will be forced to go out and try to improve the team kind of like the Jaguars did. Please sell the team "Big Cat" your a disgrace.

so i decided to look through my collection of the Panthers ROAR magazine. I figured I had to have something in there that I could read and chear me up. Well I found the special 2003 Super Bowl edition magazine, and at the end there is an interview with Hurney and Fox. One of the questions in the interview ask them if they are going to be active in the offseason since they have a decent team and just made the Super Bowl. They both were quoted on saying that their favorite quote is, "If you are not getting better you are getting worse."

So my question to you Hurney, Fox, and the rest of Panthers Nation, in what way have we gotten better by releasing Diggs and Lewis. By not retaining Peppers, Brayton, or Lloyd? Its funny how there just jumping away from their philosophy this offseason of building their team through the offensive and defensive lines. But no I do not blame Hurney nor Fox, I blame the "Big Cat". The beloved Charlotte icon who is putting his bank account and the NFL before the team. If he considers this a wash season, shouldnt the Panther fans do the same and not show up to games, not spend any money on concessions or anything else. It is not like the "Big Cat" will be losing money anway since hes gonna take the 20 mil he saved on Pep and put i right into his bank account.

Maybe if our fans actually make a statement and do not show up to games this year they will be forced to go out and try to improve the team kind of like the Jaguars did. Please sell the team "Big Cat" your a disgrace.

there is simply no way w/ Fox in a lame duck year that Fox/Hurney have the freedom to go out and try to field a team they think can win this year......it is all prep work for post Fox. Fox knows it and accepts it, he will try to win with what he is given.

I am really not trying to come off as this whiny negative fan, but dont you guys not find this to be unacceptable. Believe me I have experience with rooting for terrible team as I am a Mets, Knicks, and Rangers fan as well. So I am not use to success. I just do not think it is fair to the fans in anyway to just have a throw away season, ecspecially with the talent on this team.

This is the natural cycle of things. They aren't going to be allowed to make long term decisions since they may not be around for much longer. Some of these decisions are pure business and not really football based. We have a solid group of guys to build around and like someone previously said we are setting up for the future. You have to understand that sometimes you sacrifice the short term for long term!

Archived