• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first again?

Brokenbad

People on here value 1st round picks way too much. This is the year to have mulitple picks in the 2nd IMO. Lots of 1st round talent will fall to the 2nd due to the depth of this class. And the money and risk is much less in the 2nd. I say we trade next years 1st for a 2nd and 4th (also some starting talent here) again.

If we get a guy like D. Thomas with the 2nd and Torrell Troup or AJ Edds with our 4th we will come away with 2 (IMO) immediate starters for 1 1st and they will be far cheaper. Would anyone of seriously not take that?

I agree about people overvaluing first round picks. People seem to forget that Everette Brown was projected to be a mid-to-late first round pick, and we managed to get him in the 2nd.

The same can be said for this year. It's inevitable that a projected 1st rounder will fall to the 2nd round and be up for grabs. Not only would we be getting a 1st round caliber talent in the 2nd, but we'd also be getting him for a lot cheaper.

I agree about people overvaluing first round picks. People seem to forget that Everette Brown was projected to be a mid-to-late first round pick, and we managed to get him in the 2nd.

The same can be said for this year. It's inevitable that a projected 1st rounder will fall to the 2nd round and be up for grabs. Not only would we be getting a 1st round caliber talent in the 2nd, but we'd also be getting him for a lot cheaper.

I wasn't much on the Brown trade. Like I said last year he has 2nd round value. The whole argument was that if he came out this year (he came out as a JR) he would have been a "top 15" pick or at least a 1st round lock. Wrong if he came out this year I could conceivable see him making it to the 3rd. His size would still be an issue and Graham is far better at that size.

Like I said last year we traded a 1st round in a much better draft for a 2nd round player. I don't care where he was projected to go. If he develops into a pro bowler I will be fine but considering how almost all our 1st rounders have turned into probowlers since Hurney has been here he better.

Archived