• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Netflix Streaming now available for the Wii

Hotsauce

Dear Sauce,

Your free instant streaming disc for Wii should arrive by Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010.

Meanwhile, add movies & TV episodes to your instant Queue now so you're ready to watch instantly when your instant streaming disc arrives.

Choose from thousands of TV episodes, classic movies & some new releases.

Browse and instantly watch right on your TV via your Wii™ console.

-Your friends at Netflix

AWESOME:cool:

The Wii is definitely a niche machine. Not sure why anyone technical enough to want to stream movies wouldn't also want it in 1080p. Not a huge selling point for the Wii IMO.

That being said, the Wii is definitely a fun thing to have at parties because the women like it as much as the men, and it's a social activity. It's not a gamer machine like the PS3 or the 360.

The Wii is definitely a niche machine. Not sure why anyone technical enough to want to stream movies wouldn't also want it in 1080p. Not a huge selling point for the Wii IMO.

That being said, the Wii is definitely a fun thing to have at parties because the women like it as much as the men, and it's a social activity. It's not a gamer machine like the PS3 or the 360.

Exactly, the Wii is a social video game, and by social I mean actually interacting with REAL people. NOT talking poo on a headset to some geek in china.

That's why all the console fanboys hate the Wii, they fear what they don't understand.

Streaming Netflix is not a good value IMO. I had it for months and the best movie we ever found was an old Matthau/Lemon flick. ugh

Exactly, the Wii is a social video game, and by social I mean actually interacting with REAL people. NOT talking poo on a headset to some geek in china.

That's why all the console fanboys hate the Wii, they fear what they don't understand.

Streaming Netflix is not a good value IMO. I had it for months and the best movie we ever found was an old Matthau/Lemon flick. ugh

The Wii and it's unending barrage of mini-game shovelware has hurt the Wii. When the majority of your consumer base couldn't tell you the difference between Kratos or Master Chief (or aren't allowed to play their games) you get levels of shovelware that rival the days of the Atari 2600.

The only thing I fear about the Wii is that the other console manufactures are designing their own motion controllers. This could open them up to the same shovelware proliferation the Wii experience provides.

Yes I own a Wii, and it barely gets used. This thing just feels like the modern day power glove.

Archived