• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NHL Semifinals Round-Schedule/Discussion

DirtyMagic97

They were outplayed for a lot of the game but the difference is obviously..

1. Goaltending.

But.. right after that, Montreal may have played a ton in their own end but it doesn't meant that they didn't play well in their own end. They didn't allow much sustained pressure and blocked a poo load of shots.

My hat goes off to them.

The goaltending was good, but not tremendous this game. And pressure was sustained by the Pens in the 2nd and for a large chunk of the third period when they were down one. It just wasn't good pressure. They kept getting shots, but they never got good 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities like they usually do.

I didn't say Montreal didn't play well. I said they got outplayed. They had a pretty good defensive scheme, but it was also a great risk. They can't play the series like they did this game, or they will start to get blown out.

Chicago sucks lol what is going on? Not that I care, I'm rooting for Vancouver in the west anyways.

They have looked really bad so far. Pretty meh vs. Nashville, and more of the same against Vancouver so far.

Vancouver is going to be a crazy place to play! I don't like Chicago's chances of winning, especially both. That place will be one of the loudest you've ever heard!

Montreal tonight will be a gong show as well.

I agree that Vancouver will be crazy, but if LA can steal one in Vancouver, I feel like Chicago can get at least one. I don't think that Chicago will steal both games, but I also would not be surprised. In round one after losing in overtime in a game which they lead by 2 after the first period, Vancouver lost the very next game when Luongo gave up 4 goals.

The difference being they are going from Chicago to Vancouver, instead of going away, but I still think it's possible. Who knows though, hockey is a crazy sport.

Archived