• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AT&T U-Verse

Britneck

God I wish I could do this.

I upgraded to digital with TW about a year ago and the on demand is sketchy at best because I get such a weak signal. At peak times (like right now) my internet slows to a crawl and I have to unplug my wireless router just to get online at all. TW has been out here countless times and always to a bubble gum and duct tape solution. But I have no other choice, I don't want to pay for satellite to be install because I won't be here much longer, so I'm stuck with TW and they won't do poo for me. Drives me crazy....

So i got my U-verse hooked up friday. It is wonderful. If you can switch to it do it. The cable modem has built in wireless. Channel surfing is back. The channels load really fast unlike that 20 secound wait every time you change the channel with TW. Every movie channel is in HD unlike TW's one Hbo,cinemax,showtime etc. All the boxes have ethernet cables on the back of them so now i dont have to buy a wireless for my Xbox i just plug it right into my cable box. Its also cool to be able to watch your DVR shows anywhere in the house now instead of just on your DVR. So far ive noticed 2 things i dont like about U-verse. 1. They dont have the on demand channels for HBO showtime, etc. That kinda sucks. I'm sure they will get them sometime. 2. Theres no clock on the box. Now i have to get a clock for the living room. Not that big of a deal.

I am about to get this. I am really looking forward to it, but no NFL Network. It will be hard to go without it, but I will be saving a little money and getting HD for free. Directv wants $200.00 for HD DVR. This is stupid, I have been a customer for 5 years. If I was a new customer they would give it to me for free.

Archived