• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone taken a kid on a cruise before?

Cat

I've been the kid on the cruise before, although not at that young of an age. There's a day care one the ship that will have activities for him most of the day while you're at sea that comes with the price of the cruise. For the most part though, normal parenting should apply: give him drammamine if he gets motion sickness and keep him away from the 80 year-old Asian man in the speedo.

Enroll him in one of the excellent kid programs and enjoy your vacation. Your son will love it and so will you.......as long as you are not worried about your son the whole time. The programs offer a great balance for you to enjoy your time as well as time for the three of you as a family.

If you're already booked...you're already booked. I have a 9yo girl and 5yo boy, and I would be hesitant about going on a Carnival/Royal Carib cruise. I'd strongly suggest Disney, but as far as Carnival goes, I do believe their are kids programs.

Get the early sitting for a meal, because a 4yo might explode if having to wait late to eat.

Which route you doing w/ Carnival...I've been on two with them (all 3 cruises I've been on have been with no kids)

Doing the Disney cruise later this year for the 1st time. I knew they catered to kids but I was surprised just how many activities there are. We can send them off after breakfast and not see them until supper every day! My girls talk about the "Mickey boat" almost every other day. I know they are going to have a blast.

We are going on the Carnival Dream to Belize, Roatan, Cozumel and Costa Maya. I've done this itinerary with Carnival before but not with a kid. If anyone has any idea of what we can do in Belize with a 4 year old please mention it. I can't seem to find anything he can do with us so I was thinking about just staying on the ship. Typically we snorkel in Belize but will not be able to do that with him and I'm not comfortable leaving him on the ship while we go onto the island.

I had not really thought much about him getting sea sick. I guess I should pick up some medicine for him in case.

:eek: You sure about that? Wife is going on cruise next week with her girlfriends and I know she doesn't have one.

I thought you had to have one but the carnival cruise dude i talked to said you didn't. I plan on getting one for my son anyways so we can flee the country on a moments notice. :conehead:

I thought you had to have one but the carnival cruise dude i talked to said you didn't. I plan on getting one for my son anyways so we can flee the country on a moments notice. :conehead:

That's exactly why you need a passport for the kid. Yeah a birth certificate is enough for him to do the cruise but if there is an emergency and you need to fly back to the U.S. ASAP, you may be screwed unless every family member has a passport.

Archived