• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POLL: Who Will Be 2nd WR

Lilsmitty09

2nd WR?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd WR?

• Lafell
    • Jarrett
    • Moore
    • Edwards

Yeah, I picked Jarrett too... simply because the Panthers have put so much work into developing this guy. There's one fact that's pretty evident, and that's the fact that Jarrett caught just about everything thrown his way last season. There's also another fact... he had Jake Delhomme throwing him the majority of his passes. As much of an excuse that it is, it's also the full fledged truth... with a horrible QB, it's kind of hard to get into a rhythm and really make a name for yourself. Ask Randy Moss how he fared when he was in Oakland.

So it pretty much goes without saying that Jarrett will have more catches, yards and touchdowns this season than all of his previous seasons put together.

For some reason I see Jarrett geting cut. Think about it. We drafted Lafell who is like young Muhammad and has a good chance to start beside Smith. Then Edwards would be the #3 slot guy. Jarrett would yet again be the 4th WR and I dont see Lafell being #4.

eh, i don't see Jarrett being cut. that's just absurd. if they were gonna cut him, i think they would've done it by now. our FO likes to give players the opportunity to get on another team... at least that's how they've done things in the past. but that's only if they know they're not gonna need the guy. i just happen to think that Jarrett is here to stay. with the right QB, a whole lot of repetition, Jarrett should be just fine.

and from what i saw of Lafell in the panthers.com videos, he looks like he has hand-eye coordination problems. not being able to run a route is one thing, but not catching the football when it's thrown right on your numbers... yeah, that's not a good sign.

I think Jarrett will take it but LaFell will make a case for #2. They said Jarrett has been working hard and has lost a lot of weight so he's probably a bit quicker on his feet now.

I really hope Jarrett is quicker on his feet now. That's really the only area that I think he needs to really improve on... beating guys off the line of scrimmage and what not. But I also hope that Lafell gives Jarrett a run for his money... cause that only means both of them will get better as the season approaches.

Im disappointed that Gettis wasn't an option..and i commend the two individuals who brought him up in the conversation..even if it was only to be different :). Im not saying i think gettis is going to be the No. 2, but i think he gets forgotten and will be a dark horse in the wide receiver battle. Don't be suprised if he gets more reps at WR than Edwards at first giving his experience in the BIG 12. Edwards may be better in the long run with his explosion, but Gettis has the physical tools to be good quicker (IMO). We'll def have a good receiver battle...we have a huge stable.. Smith, DJ, Lafell, Edwards, Moore, Gettis, etc.

I'm going with Jarret. I think Fox and co. are giving him one more shot this year. If he starts to struggle, and continues to do so through about week 6, then LaFell will replace him, and Edwards could possibly move to #3 ahead of Jarret also. then the FO will let him walk when free agency comes.

I think Jarrett will take it but LaFell will make a case for #2. They said Jarrett has been working hard and has lost a lot of weight so he's probably a bit quicker on his feet now.

Lost a lot of weight?? Jarrett is skinny enough & now he is losing some weights. He should put on some more instead to bulk up. I guess losing some more of his skinny weights will make it hard for him to make some play. :P

I think LaFell, Gettis, or Edwards could be #2 if they play better than Jarrett. I just think Jarrett won't last long here soon & I really wanted to supported him on improving, but I just don't see that happend. I hope I'm wrong though.

I find it hard to believe that our number 3 wideout on last years crappy passing offense would be our number 2 guy this year. The guy only made plays when it didn't count, this team will win more games with Jarrett where he belongs...on the pine

Archived