• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

King Taharqa

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Los Angeles Lakers
    • Boston Celtics

Some things to keep in mind...

-Boston Celtics have 17 championships, most in NBA history. Head to head in the NBA Finals they are 9-2 all time vs. the Lakers

-Boston is a better "road" team in this playoff than they are at home. They've gotten road wins every series, the sign of a championship caliber team.

-Boston has gone thru Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, & Dwight Howard to get to the NBA Finals, 3 1st team All-NBAers, so they know a little something about beating teams with superstar players.

-Boston has beaten the top 2 seeds in this playoff (Cleveland, Orlando)

-Boston is the best team in the NBA at defending 3PT shots, and just shut down the team who attempts the most in Orlando.

-The Big 3 has never lost a playoff series.

This is Boston's series to lose. I see Rondo getting his 1st Finals MVP.

Some things to keep in mind...

-Boston Celtics have 17 championships, most in NBA history. Head to head in the NBA Finals they are 9-2 all time vs. the Lakers

-Boston is a better "road" team in this playoff than they are at home. They've gotten road wins every series, the sign of a championship caliber team.

-Boston has gone thru Dwayne Wade, LeBron James, & Dwight Howard to get to the NBA Finals, 3 1st team All-NBAers, so they no a little something about beating teams with superstar players.

-Boston has beaten the top 2 seeds in this playoff (Cleveland, Orlando)

-The Big 3 has never lost a playoff series.

I agree with everything but the Bold.....LA has gone through Durantula, Williams/Boozer and now Nash/Stoud

Wade's team blew (blows). Lebron's team apparently blows too, as they can't show up when they are needed. Howard also doesn't have a very dependable team either. All they can do is hit 3's (which isn't a bad thing - but where the hell is their paint points? They need someone other than Howard who can get to the basket).

The Lakers are a different monster, mostly due to Kobe & Gasol. I hope the Celtics win.

Boston in 7. (my brain says LA in 6). But i think the Celtics bench is better than the Lakers. i think Gasol will choke. I think Odom will have 1 great game and disappear. (wishful thinking?). but the key is obviously Kobe. I think the Celtics will let Kobe be Kobe and still find a way to win. Phil is the genius, but Doc Rivers deserves alot of credit. in Doc I trust.

Boston in 7. (my brain says LA in 6). But i think the Celtics bench is better than the Lakers. i think Gasol will choke. I think Odom will have 1 great game and disappear. (wishful thinking?). but the key is obviously Kobe. I think the Celtics will let Kobe be Kobe and still find a way to win. Phil is the genius, but Doc Rivers deserves alot of credit. in Doc I trust.

I don't think it will be 7 games... probably more like 6. As far as who wins the series, it really does depend on the bench. Big Baby plays outstanding even when you don't expect him to, and I'm not sure if Ray Allen has ever missed a big shot. Pierce is also very reliable. KG doesn't make many game-winning ones for them but he brings consistent play throughout the game.

Gasol might choke, but he will be much more reliable than Odom who likely won't even show up for one game (if that). Kobe will dominate as usual. He is the reason they have made it this far. Had he not dominated the last game, the Suns would've pushed the series further.

Why thanks!

:lol: im flattered.

I don't think it will be 7 games... probably more like 6. As far as who wins the series, it really does depend on the bench. Big Baby plays outstanding even when you don't expect him to, and I'm not sure if Ray Allen has ever missed a big shot. Pierce is also very reliable. KG doesn't make many game-winning ones for them but he brings consistent play throughout the game.

Gasol might choke, but he will be much more reliable than Odom who likely won't even show up for one game (if that). Kobe will dominate as usual. He is the reason they have made it this far. Had he not dominated the last game, the Suns would've pushed the series further.

I agree. I think that the Celtics will work more on the people around Kobe than Kobe himself. to be honest I think the combo of Ray Allen and Pierce can match Kobe big shot for big shot. im not comparing them, bc Kobe won't be stopped. but i will say that they could offset. will they is the big question. and once again as we said, the bench is key. I think the Celtics bench is clearly better than the Lakers.

I hate the 2-3-2 format. I think it favors the #2.

True. But it depends on the match up IMO. If the Celtics can steal one of the first 2 games, then they have the advantage though. Both teams are very good home teams, so I think the series has a high chance to go to 7.

Archived