• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets the blame for such a terrible game?

top dawg

And one more: The entire stadium. Your team's down in the first half and all you can do is stand there and wait for em to do something, silent until a miricle happens? No, there's still plenty of time, you scream your head off. Be a twelfth man or don't buy a ticket.

Come on, I will be the first to bash the home crowd..... BUT are you kidding me?? The stadium was electric last night, loud, noisy and everybody was standing even in to the second qtr. The crowd even was loud some in the 3rd qtr.

With the play of Jake, Fitzgarld and Warner lighting up the defense, and the obvious fact the coaching staff was going to do nothing different kind of sucked the life out of the place.

Hidden

Actually, the whole team is to blame. It's unfortunate that we had a first round bye which slowed the momentum and was distracted by all of the hype. If it would come down to putting the blame on anyone, the coaching staff and coordinators didn't do enough to keep the team focused. If I was the (head) coach or a coordinator, I would have planned/suggested for a mock game, playing all four quarters in full, offense against defense last Sunday. We would keep our focus, realize different scenarios and retain the motivation. Trgovac should go and try to get someone like Steve Spagnuolo or one who is more innovative. Trgovac's scheme has gotten to be to be predictable.

Actually, the whole team is to blame. It's unfortunate that we had a first round bye which slowed the momentum and was distracted by all of the hype. If it would come down to putting the blame on anyone, the coaching staff and coordinators didn't do enough to keep the team focused. If I was the (head) coach or a coordinator, I would have planned/suggested for a mock game, playing all four quarters in full, offense against defense last Sunday. We would keep our focus, realize different scenarios and retain the motivation. Trgovac should go and try to get someone like Steve Spagnuolo or one who is more innovative. Trgovac's scheme has gotten to be predictable.

Coaching staff gets 90% of the blame for this one.

We abandoned the run too early.

We didn't take advantage of what the defense was giving them. No screens, no slants, no quick draws, and surprisingly little play action. Unless you count a quick fake then a settling in to the pocket for a couple of seconds as play action...

Arizona looked like they knew our routes better than we did.

We stayed in a zone after being burned multiple times by Fitzgerald.

No offensive halftime adjustment.

We really looked like we didn't prepare for them at all, we came across as if this was a regular season game.

Maybe they can blame the QB and sell people on that idea. It's worth a shot, right?

Well said. Zone.....did we really just give Gamble 30 million dollars to play zone?

Blame goes to, in this order:

#1 - Davidson - Why are you calling a QB Bootleg when the pocket hasn't been collapsing? Why so many pass plays?? Especially on 1st down... ESPECIALLY on 1st and 5?? Why abandon the run after your 1st 3 and out? Remember what got you here, and use it. This is Davidson's 1st playoff game as an OC. He will learn from this. It does almost make you miss Dan Henning though.. Because if there is one thing Dan did, and did relatively well in my opinion, it was not put Jake in positions that he does not excel in. Also, after the third pick, it might be time to whisper in Fox's ear and tell him that it might be time to put the backup in.

#2 - Jake Delhomme - Bad day to turn 34. Also a bad day to have your worst ever day in your career. You brought us a lot of memories. Unfortunately, this memory will last quite a while itself. It's pretty much like you said in the post-game, there is no excuse, it was all you... I do applaud you for owning up to it and not using any overused cliches like others on staff...

#3 - Trgo - For our defensive ineptitude. We looked like fish out of the water in the 1st half. We didn't know WHAT was going on or WHAT TO DO!!??! I don't know if our defense actually played better in the second half or if it was the Cards calling off the dogs, or we actually made a half-time adjustment.. I don't know.. By then, my head was still spinning from what had happened in the 1st half and what Jake was continuing to do. Nevertheless, our D was our achilles heel all season long...

#4 - John Fox - Whenever you would like to manage a game, please let somebody know.... When your QB has committed 4 turnovers in a playoff game, it is time to put in the backup. No questions asked.. Perhaps Fox should've pulled an Andy Reid and benched Jake for a game after the Oakland debacle... Sometimes in order to take a step forward you have to take a step back.. Sick of his BS post game talk also. It is quite evident that bye weeks do not suit this team well. Also, this team needs to have lost to a team in the regular season (if played previously) to beat them... We came in with way too much swagger and not enough preparation. That was obvious.

In the end though, even though I rank Davidson as being the #1 culprit (for this game), Trgo should be #1 on our most wanted list. His schemes have cost us multiple times. Enough is enough.

Maybe they can blame the QB and sell people on that idea. It's worth a shot, right?

I don't think so....I haven't even watched the game yet and I know Jake wasn't at fault for the loss, he never is. Those 5 INTs had to be the fault of the WRs who no doubt cut off their routes.

Archived