• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tyrus Thomas to be Honored For Prestigious Public Service Award

pantherfool

I could have put this in the other TT thread but i thought it should have one of it's own. Let's keep this guy in Charlotte. He's one of the good ones.

Tyrus Thomas Tyrus Thomas will receive the prestigious national Nobel Prize for public service, the Jefferson Award as the Tyrus Thomas, Incorporated (TTI), a non-profit organization was founded by Baton Rouge native, Tyrus Thomas, in 2009. Growing up in South Baton Rouge, Tyrus was keenly aware of the lack of financial and educational resources, as well as adequate role models, in his community. When he was blessed to play in the NBA, he decided to give back so that, "…kids from his community would have the chance to live up to their full potential despite circumstances weighing them down."

Link:

http://www.charlottevibe.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=editorial.detail&id=2042

He's had his problems in Chicago, but from what I've seen/heard he seems to be an outstanding character guy. I'd be proud to have him in a Bobcats uniform.

This is the guy that IMO should have been the Morrison pick. Glad to see he's with the organization. Could be a nice building block going forward.

Archived