• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official MLB Allstar Thread

Johnny Rockets

Voting ends Thursday ... The Phils place Utley and Polanco on the DL today which makes Prado the NL starter at second (and Wright the starter at 3rd) and rightfully so.

Seems there is a debate whether Manuel should add Strasburg to the roster for the NL. I say no because it just doesn't seem right, but there are compelling arguments why he should be. What say you?

All star game is an absolute joke. It's astonishing that Joey Votto didn't make it, and people like Heyward, Omar Infente(LOL), etc did.

Anyways, coming from a Nationals fan Strasburg didn't deserve it. Sure, maybe he'll be a superstar later(as will Heyward), but that doesn't mean they are all stars now.

I also would have rather seen Josh Willingham represent the Nationals at the game rather than Matt Capps, even though I do like Capps. Willingham is having an outstanding year.

Seems there is a debate whether Manuel should add Strasburg to the roster for the NL. I say no because it just doesn't seem right, but there are compelling arguments why he should be. What say you?

The All-Star game is for the fans, and, as much as I hate to say it, Strasburg is the biggest draw in baseball right now. If Manuel wants to go with the "best pitchers in the NL," I believe Strasburg has enough starts and stats to warrant a spot in that category.

I don't think Heyward should've made it, and hopefully he doesn't play(he needs to get over that injury). However, I do believe Infante is deserving of an All-star selection. He's been a great utility guy for the Braves, and the guy can swing the lumber. Dude stays getting hits

Michael Bourn has 321 at bats. Infante has 193.

Yeah, what's your point? All I said is that Infante's OPS was higher, and it is. I'm not trying to make some profound statement about Infante's value, but Bourn's career OPS is .673 and his career .328 OBP is horrible for a leadoff man. The only reason Bourn made the All-Star Game is because there has to be a player representative from every team.

Archived