• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2010 Huddle Champions League

Hawk

http://www16.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/21088#0

this is the same as the big 48 team league we have run the last three seasons. Please look at some of the other threads pertaining to those leagues before posting new questions!

Is it Free?

---- No. It is $20 and can be paid preferrably through paypal or mailing a check. pm for details. The reason for the $20 is twofold, one it gives you a reason to play all the way through the season and two, it gives you a reason to play all the way through the end of the season. Nothing worse than having the guy you are neck and neck with in a playoff race go against a guy that hasn't adjusted his roster since September. Please make the commitment to play through the season! The league also costs $159 per year!

How do I sign up?

--- make a comment in the "up and running" thread that you want a team and then pm myself with your email address so that I can send team invite. In that team invite will be instructions to send payment, please get it in promptly.

How can you have 48 teams?

--- this is a "mega-league" that is essentially four leagues (we call them "conferences") of 12 teams each. Each Conference will have their own draft from the entire pool of NFL players so when we get into playoffs there is the possibility that teams will face each other with one or more of the same players on their roster. Surprisingly this has not happened that often and when it does throws a pretty neat strategical twist into that particular matchup. There are three divisions per conference of four teams each. Each division will play each other twice (6 games) and then play 6 more random conference games for a 12 game regular season. Then each division winner plus ONE wildcard from each conference moves on to the playoffs in weeks 13-16.

When is the draft?

--- this is our fourth year and we have found it best to have drafts as close to the start of the season as possible. Each conference will have their own stickified thread for trash talking and draft management and to vote on the day/timing of the draft. After that is set we often will move a team from one conference to another in order to ensure that everyone has a chance to prepare for a live draft. In case you do not have that opportunity however this site does a very good job of not only allowing you to rank players but allowing you to rank the order of which position you want drafted in what order. In other words....no excuses!!

When will we know the schedule?

--- The schedule, like many other aspects of the next few weeks will depend on how quickly we can get all the teams assigned and paid for. Every year we have guys sign up but never bother to pay so the waiting list guys are very valuable. If we go to the wire on payments (August 12th deadline) the schedule will be available by August 14th.

What kind of scoring do you have?

--- That is all available to view on the site. We are discussing some minor tweaks but nothing will be altered after August 12th, which is also the deadline for payment.

Who is the commissioner?

--- Right now it is just myself, but I'd really like to have one or two others assist. I just discovered I can not access the league page from work!

I signed up but haven't gotten a team invite?

--- if you are a returning player pm me right away. If you are a new player I may have your spot reserved, just not the specific team yet. If you are on the list in the "Up & Running" thread you will have a team by Sunday afternoon.

Why are you bugging us about payment so much?

--- because so much of what needs to be done depends on getting everyone paid up. I can't generate the schedule or plan drafts until all teams are assigned and paid for. If you want to mail me a check and post date it, I don't care, just get that payment in. Remember, anyone not paid up by August 12th will be taken off their franchise.

more questions/answers as they come up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived