• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Droid X

Darth Biscuit

So question for everyone who has an X. Just how bad is the battery life on the thing, I have heard mixed reviews from it will barely last 6 hours with normal use to it lasts around 24 with normal use. I have an annual upgrade coming up in September and trying to decide if I should get an X or just wait and hang onto my Droid......

Mine lasts about 18 hours with regular use. But I'm also either typically at my desk or in the car, so I'm never that far from a charger.

I've never understood why that's such a problem for some people. As long as it last more than 6 hours, where are these people that can't get somewhere to charge it a couple times a day?

Mine lasts about 18 hours with regular use. But I'm also either typically at my desk or in the car, so I'm never that far from a charger.

I've never understood why that's such a problem for some people. As long as it last more than 6 hours, where are these people that can't get somewhere to charge it a couple times a day?

Awesome thanks for the quick answer. As long as it lasts more then 8-10 thats perfectly fine for me. I don't get it either, I've heard people complain because their phone wont last 2 straight days without being charged.....

Yeah, reading the forums is almost a full time gig. Now that I have 2.2, I'm going to see what all I can do to ROM and root it.

This is the android forum I used to rom and root my eVo.... With this thing rooted I was able to break the strangle on Wifi tethering and now get my phone to act as a 4g WiFi hotspot for free.... The 4G here in Charlotte is ridiculous, I have pulled speeds that are comparable to Cable internet based off of dslreports.com

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/

Yeah, it wasn't too bad... they did ship it FedEx and of course I wasn't home when it arrived, so I had to ride over to 23rd Street and pick it up, but it was cool. I took it to Verizon last night and got them to help me activate it and transfer all my crap from the BlackBerry.

Of course, in the process of all of that, my wife played with a Droid 2 and she loves it, she currently has a Devour and has not been happy with it, so she's going back this morning to look at the Droid 2 more and probably get it.

• 2 weeks later...

when will the X get the 2.2 OS? how much better will it be?

Not sure, but the sales girl at Verizon told me that it would be pushed to the X's by the end of this month, so who knows?

My buddy has a Droid 1 and he's had 2.2 for about a month now and loves it. Says his seems faster... The Droid 2's come loaded with it I believe.

Archived