• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers is THE MOST VALUABLE defender in the league

unicar15

He was completely underutilized here and I understand why he wants out. Think about what a coordinator like Jim Johnson could do with Pep?? Its unreal to think about the amount of pressure that he would put on a QB with JJs blitz schemes. We spent so much time rushing 4 or dropping him into a zone blitz that he never realized his full potential. I'm pissed that he wants to go but hopefully Hurney doesn't screw the pooch in the trade because after a 15 sack season and his pedigree there is no doubt in my mind that he is the most valuable defender in the league when he gets in a potent system.

On another note...If Pep walks then Fox might as well walk as well because his entire defense is built around this one player. As much as I love playing the 4-3 it doesn't work without pressure. If we trade Peppers, Richardson needs to seriously consider making a STRONG run at a coach that builds 3-4 defenses (not necessarily Cowher but he is the prime target) because this line is ATROCIOUS without that man on the end...

He was completely underutilized here and I understand why he wants out. Think about what a coordinator like Jim Johnson could do with Pep?? Its unreal to think about the amount of pressure that he would put on a QB with JJs blitz schemes. We spent so much time rushing 4 or dropping him into a zone blitz that he never realized his full potential. I'm pissed that he wants to go but hopefully Hurney doesn't screw the pooch in the trade because after a 15 sack season and his pedigree there is no doubt in my mind that he is the most valuable defender in the league when he gets in a potent system.

I agree totally.....I do think we could bring the god of D-coordinators here and it would do noting for him. He was beat by a journeyman LT single blocked all game. He will only be rejuvenated with new surroundings. Our scheme is terrible......Passive zones. Peppers dropping back.

Archived