• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Answer this question honestly....

Zod

my take on AE last night...

for a guy who never returned a punt in a game.....to go out there in the rain and do what AE did was impressive. It shows you how quick he is catching on.....now the question is can he continue his rapid pace.

Anyone who thought they were gonna see an athletic version of Mark Jones preseason game 1 was smoking stuff. I imagine by preseason game 3 there will be noticeable difference.

My thoughts exactly

my take on AE last night...

for a guy who never returned a punt in a game.....to go out there in the rain and do what AE did was impressive. It shows you how quick he is catching on.....now the question is can he continue his rapid pace.

Anyone who thought they were gonna see an athletic version of Mark Jones preseason game 1 was smoking stuff. I imagine by preseason game 3 there will be noticeable difference.

Huh? AE didn't fumble any punts but I don't consider that "catching on." I am glad he didn't fumble any- I figured he would. He did have one nice return, but in general he struggles with getting up the field. This is the NFL, not that HS-level football he has been playing in recent years.

Still, he might make it as a punt returner once he figures out how to run straight ahead. He is years away from being a contributor as a WR.

The way things look now, If AE was a UFA< would he make even the practice squad?

Probably not. He would be one of the many players cut from the team outright. Has shown nothing on special teams and can't seem to hold onto balls against 3rd string DB's.

He would be given another chance next season.

That said, his cost in the draft probably assures him a roster spot, which is a shame. Does he have potential? Maybe. Can we afford another roster spot for a pure project considering we have to use up 2 roster spots because our field goal kicker can't do kickoffs? Nope.

I thought you posted a thread last night saying not to make too much of this one game. Aren't we being premature, we don't even have to make first cuts for a week or so. Many guys make their most progress between the first and second games. We knew he was a project coming in. We have taken other guys like Charles Johnson who was a third round project and groomed him for a few years. Lets at least give him some time.

Or are you just stirring the Edwards pot??? If so, carry on.....:D

I thought you posted a thread last night saying not to make too much of this one game. Aren't we being premature, we don't even have to make first cuts for a week or so. Many guys make their most progress between the first and second games. We knew he was a project coming in. We have taken other guys like Charles Johnson who was a third round project and groomed him for a few years. Lets at least give him some time.

Or are you just stirring the Edwards pot??? If so, carry on.....:D

Individual performances are fair game in preseason. Never said they weren't.

I didn't expect him to look like anything but a practice squad player this first year. I wasn't a big fan of the pick but you have to give him a couple years. If he turns into a player then the pick was worth it but if he doesn't it's a huge bust.

Huh? AE didn't fumble any punts but I don't consider that "catching on." I am glad he didn't fumble any- I figured he would. He did have one nice return, but in general he struggles with getting up the field. This is the NFL, not that HS-level football he has been playing in recent years.

Still, he might make it as a punt returner once he figures out how to run straight ahead. He is years away from being a contributor as a WR.

You realize he has never done this right? Ok...

I am still holding out hope for Armanti. He affords the team options if he can improve his game at receiver. Could focus on punt returns this year and possibly build in some wildcat. Obviously a work in progress but he is a talented guy.

Remember, Golden Tate had a relatively sh*tty freshman year at Notre Dame after Weis converted him from a running back to receiver. By his junior year he won the Biletnikoff Award as the nation's top wide receiver.

Actually I think they gave up a 3rd, 4th and a 5th

The complete trade was Boldin and arizonas 5th for Baltimores 3rd and 4th. A 3rd and 4th round for a proven physical WR that would fit in our system like a glove. But Carolina gave up a 2nd for a project who may or may not work out. They didn't want to pay Boldin.

but you must take into consideration that the last time he did this was high school. he will be fine, as a wr as well bc he got seperation from the db's but just got smacked and dropped the ball on that one play. how can you make a judgement on a player after 1 game at a position that he hasnt played since hs. i mean damn give him some time.

Archived