• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's almost time!

lightsout

We're a mere 2 months away from Hurricanes hockey! I'm still riding the high from football season, but once hockey season gets here, I will be in full on sports craze! It will be the month of playoff baseball, Panthers and college football, and Hurricanes hockey! Is anybody else dying to see this team start anew and hopefully make a good playoff push?

Staal will be hot this year. I just got a feeling that he will come out hot and stay that way, at least through February before he mellows out.

Cam Ward will still be lights out in net.

The defensemen will experience the carry over of their success last year. They will need to for us to have a chance at winning the Eastern.

Zach Boychuk will be one of our highest scoring skaters. The kid is lightning and he has a great stick. Tons of zip on his shots and good accuracy.

I plan on making a game (want to see us against the Thrashers or the Devils) and I expect to see all of the above proved right, at least for the game I am at. Thank God my girlfriend is a student at NC State and can get pretty cheap tickets.

Yeah, they're good. Had a terrible first half last season, but improved. Losing Cam Ward in net due to injury really hurt and he didn't look comfortable in net once he returned for a few games. It is actually very easy to follow. I didn't start paying attention until the year after the Stanley Cup win (mainly because they are the home state team and hell, they're champions). A friend of mine is a HUGE hockey fan from Calgary, and since moving, he's abandoned his love for the Flames and became a Hurricanes fan. I sat 3 games in a row with him just watching games and drinking beer. Great times.

Penalties are obvious and simple. Understanding the responsibilities of each position is also pretty simple. Its amazingly a simple game that one can get lost in if he isn't really tuned in and paying attention to announcers and watching specific players for extended periods of time. It is now my second favorite sport (next to football).

I went to my first Hurricanes game last year against the Dallas Stars and MAN was I impressed with how passionate our fans are! Much like BoA, the RBC center is built well; not a bad seat in the house! Sat in the upper sections, and the fans around me were awesome! Hilarious chants and great knowledge of the game.

And the best thing about being at games, if you're a casual fan...the "cheerleaders". Smokin' hot.

Archived