• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't be too optimistic about future!

guyinchesapeake

"the Giants had the same sort of game."

Apples and oranges. First off, the Giants had their season ripped out from under them by the Burress situation. They lost 4 out of their last 5 games (of course, the game they won was against...you guessed it...US!). They played a very hot Eagles team, and these two teams are very familiar with each other by virtue of being in the same division. The Giants losing this game doesn't constitute a real upset, in my opinion. Plus, the Giants still played a much more competitive game that we offered.

Ours was much more than a 'bad game'. We quit. Very early. We were 'exposed', if you will. Our game ended in the first half.

Fox is a great coach. You cant simply say "we havent had back to back winning seasons" and just assume therefore fox is a bad coach, you have to look deeper than that.

Lets look at each of the losing seasons.

2002=7-9

Fox just arrived as a coach with a 1-15 team on his hands. He turned the frachchise 180 and created one of the best defences in the league that year.And won 6 more games.

2004= 7-9

Numerous and significant injuries to both sides of the ball cursed this team, even then the players fought hard under Fox and managed to be a game away from the playoffs.

2006=8-8

Really the only truly down year by Fox. Although we did lose delhomme and smith fon various parts of the season. Team underperofromed but was still in the playoff hunt by the end of the year.

2007=7-9

We lose Delhomme and have 4 different quarterbacks take snaps on are team. While Peppers has a very odd and random horrible year.

Im not making exuces for Fox, there were mistakes made in each of those seasons, But so there are for every coach even the great ones. And in the majority of those years somthing significant happened to hurt our team, that was out of Fox's control. This team has forught hard for Fox and has respect for him. He kept us in the playoff hunt every season. and has given us 3 10+ winning seasons.

How many coaches can say theyve done that.

"But, a team that fires their headcoach after going 12-4 and winning their Division should never enjoy that success ever again. "

Under Fox, we have never had successful consecutive seasons. Look it up. Turn it around on me all you people want, but Fox has been here too long to not have a ring. We've had some of the best players in the game here, and we can't get it done. I say replace Fox before a total re-building has to be done, while we still have our key people under contract.

True

And we have a hard ass schedule next year smh

Fox is a great coach. You cant simply say "we havent had back to back winning seasons" and just assume therefore fox is a bad coach, you have to look deeper than that.

Lets look at each of the losing seasons.

2002=7-9

Fox just arrived as a coach with a 1-15 team on his hands. He turned the frachchise 180 and created one of the best defences in the league that year.And won 6 more games.

2004= 7-9

Numerous and significant injuries to both sides of the ball cursed this team, even then the players fought hard under Fox and managed to be a game away from the playoffs.

2006=8-8

Really the only truly down year by Fox. Although we did lose delhomme and smith fon various parts of the season. Team underperofromed but was still in the playoff hunt by the end of the year.

2007=7-9

We lose Delhomme and have 4 different quarterbacks take snaps on are team. While Peppers has a very odd and random horrible year.

Im not making exuces for Fox, there were mistakes made in each of those seasons, But so there are for every coach even the great ones. And in the majority of those years somthing significant happened to hurt our team, that was out of Fox's control. This team has forught hard for Fox and has respect for him. He kept us in the playoff hunt every season. and has given us 3 10+ winning seasons.

How many coaches can say theyve done that.

I bet there are a LOT of coaches that would like to have the cool excuses for 7-9 seasons that Fox does.

...and OMG let's not forget about detroit they'd LOVE to have a 7-9 season!!! :yikes:

Many Panther fans like the Panther front office and its head coach are 1 word...REACTIONARY. They're deathly afraid of any change and would rather stick with something that has proven time and time again it wont work then embark into the unknown. That "reactionary" spirit filters thru this entire organization and is the reason why when things dont get 100% perfect everything crumbles. Its time to take a PROACTIVE approach to this franchise and start planning ahead to the future and taking into account things may not go perfect everytime.

Daniel Snyder is "reactionary" too. What is your point?

Here is something for all you Fox hatters

Dom Capers 4yrs 31-35 .47

George Seifert 3yrs 16-32 .333

John Fox 7yrs 56-47 .544

If it was not for fox we would have nothing to b*tch about because we would still be the laughing stock of the NFL. Fox has kept us competative. I dont always agree with what he does, and I dont think he will go down in history as one of the best coaches or anything, but at least we are becoming an above .500 team. Our all-time record is 103-114. If we have a good season next year we could lose the all-time loseing record. I really believe the superbowl season spoiled some fans in to thinking you can win it all every year. We are on the right track people. A few puzzle peices away from completing it.

"Fox has kept us competative."

Competitive, maybe. But we obviously can't get to the next level. We've had the same coach since 2002, the same starter (when he's healthy) at QB since 2003. But again, I point out the lack of an ability to put teams away, to protect leads, as his legacy. To be content with just an average, so-so record isn't for most fans. Losing a home playoff game where we were blown out by a team that is in many ways a joke themselves isn't a reason to hold on to a coach who can't get it done! I'd rather take a chance with an unknown quantity, i. e., a new coach than stay with the status quo, a coach who doesn't seem able to learn from his and his teams mistakes. He's had his chance, he hasn't delivered.

Archived