• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't be too optimistic about future!

guyinchesapeake

I've been reading many of the threads here and the posts in them. Some don't believe that there's any reason to be pessimistic about the Panthers or the immediate future. I think there's plenty of reasons to be.

Of all the playoff teams that lost at home this past weekend, the Panthers have the fewest excuses. They played a team that was undermanned, that had given up 40 plus points on numerous occasions, and was the division winner of the worse division in the conference, and possibly the whole league. Our guys looked unprepared from the start (a coaching failure). Absolutely no adjustments were made after the Cards showed that the only weapon they had was Fitzgerald, no one guy assigned to him, no hitting him as he came off the line, nothing (a coaching failure). In essence 2 guys beat us, Fitzgerald and Delhomme. The minute Jake threw that first pick, you could sense how the team went into a funk, that they just knew they were in for 'one of those days'. They completely abandoned the run when they were down only 14-7.

We had a comparably easy schedule this year, and feasted on that. If anyone looks at recent years when the Panthers had success, those years were always followed by down years. I love this team dearly, but I am stating the obvious. We had the best scenario of any playoff team this past weekend, and we laid the biggest egg. I hope that Fox is let go, and that next year's training camp opens up the QB competition to all 3 QBs on the roster to determine the starter. I don't have confidence in Jake anymore, he had his chance, and he blew it. This team has too many weapons to not be a contender, but I believe the confidence in the coaching and leadership is just not there anymore. If I'm proven wrong, so be it. Believe me, I want to be, but I truly believe I'm not.

"But, a team that fires their headcoach after going 12-4 and winning their Division should never enjoy that success ever again. "

Under Fox, we have never had successful consecutive seasons. Look it up. Turn it around on me all you people want, but Fox has been here too long to not have a ring. We've had some of the best players in the game here, and we can't get it done. I say replace Fox before a total re-building has to be done, while we still have our key people under contract.

"But, a team that fires their headcoach after going 12-4 and winning their Division should never enjoy that success ever again. "

Under Fox, we have never had successful consecutive seasons. Look it up. Turn it around on me all you people want, but Fox has been here too long to not have a ring. We've had some of the best players in the game here, and we can't get it done. I say replace Fox before a total re-building has to be done, while we still have our key people under contract.

The Panthers have never had consecutive winning seasons under Fox partly because of the philosophy NOT to overpaying to retain talent and instead replace it, even if it takes a year or two. I'd rather contend every other year then three years in a row and end up in slalry cap hell.

I suppose you want Cowher who took something like 14 years to get a ring in an already established system?

Do you realize how hard it is to be the best of 32 NFL teams. Fox has a way better win % than any and all coaches combined at Carolina. Now he is no Hall of Fame coach, but he is the best for us now. Changing coaches after a winning season does not help. Look at the Chargers. They have not been near as competitive under Norv Turnner. Look how many teams who do not have any winning history. Like Arizona who has been in the NFL forever and is just now getting their first NFCC game. You talk about the great tallent that has come though here, I am sorry, but when I look at NFL champs of the past, I see a good bit more talent than what we have had. I am proud of this season. Yes it sucks to lose like we did, but I really believe we are on the right track.

Still need a new D-cord though! PLEASE FIRE TRGO!!!

Archived