• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

1st Week over, It wasnt pretty...

PeteRozelle

I doubt that 2 preseason versus 4 preseason games would really matter. Most starters play around 6-7 quarters of football in four preseason games. IF they went to 2 preseason games, the starters would likely play around 5 quarters of football. I doubt the 2 quarters would make much of a difference. The backups wouldn't need as much of the preseason because we would extend rosters to include perhaps 5 or 6 more players which would allow the majority of bubble players to make the team.

Guys like Smitty played no preseason and he did pretty well. I bet this same kind of the lets not interfere with what is perfect discussion came about when we went from 12 games to 14 or 14 to 16. Change is inevitable and usually for the better.

The problem lies with talent and not time spent on/off the practice field.

True, there were sputtering offenses across the NFL but the difference comes down to which teams you think can get better, how much better, and how soon the change will start.

While I think the Panthers will get better, I don't think by much, and I think it's going to be a slow process. Dallas, NYJ, and San Diego however are in a completely different boat than the Panthers and should be on a steeper curve to success.

If you cannot see the differences in our team and their's albeit all in losses, I really can't help ya.

Archived