• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lord of the Rings Online

Samuel L. Jackson

I've been playing since the start - was on for a couple of hours last night in fact.

I still have TONS of stuff to do, the amount of content is amazing and if you are into Tolkien at all, you will find that they do a great job of sticking to the established world while understanding that it has to be an interesting place for people not charged with destroying the Ring.

Never played WoW but I watched a friend do it the other day for a while - LOTRO is rendered a lot more "realistically" and less cartoony. There appears to be a LOT of user created add ons that LOTRO is just beginning to allow.

Since F2P started they added dynamic layers which I am not a fan of, but it's only driven me nuts one time. I am hoping that the F2P will get more people into this game - it keeps winning awards but it is a lot less oriented towards the kiddies. Theres a PvP area but I don't mess with it, as I enjoy fighting against the NPCs and doing those quests a lot more, personal preference.

Anyways I'm on Brandywine, name is Chili.

You want to re download the client from the LOTRO site.

Natty you will get to the point where you will need to purchase expansions but F2P has a LOT of stuff going on, basically what I did the first 2 years of playing I believe. We had to pay for Moria as well (totally worth it).

Is there an alternative for unlocking select p2p features in LotRO by doing quests?

In DDO, you can unlock extra races, classes, bank slots, bag slots, area buffs, etc etc by building up favor, which you get for completing quests on different difficulty levels. They have a similar system for LotRO? You are also gifted 25 Turbine Points on DDO for every 100 Favor you accrue, as well as bonus Turbine Points for certain Favor milestones.

I got a lot of stuff for free on there before I decided to support the game.

Is there an alternative for unlocking select p2p features in LotRO by doing quests?

In DDO, you can unlock extra races, classes, bank slots, bag slots, area buffs, etc etc by building up favor, which you get for completing quests on different difficulty levels. They have a similar system for LotRO? You are also gifted 25 Turbine Points on DDO for every 100 Favor you accrue, as well as bonus Turbine Points for certain Favor milestones.

I got a lot of stuff for free on there before I decided to support the game.

You get Turbine points for completing certain deeds... You have to kill a certain number of a certain creature, find/explore all the places in a region, use maneuvers in battle a certain number of times, etc... But the number of points you get for those is like 5 or 10 per...

I think I currently have like 180 built up on my level 16 character, but the stuff I want to add costs anywhere from just under 500 points to over 1000...

I think you can buy like 5000 points for like $50 right now... I'm debating it..

They'll put that points package on sale eventually, 6800 pts for 50$...so....wait on that. :D

Also, there should be an option to look at this weeks sale items, and you can generally get what you want for 20% off or more if you have a little patience.

I'm lazy and impatient... two downfalls for someone who wants to play LOTRO with some of the better features...

I'll just hang in there for now and make more trips to vendors to sell the junk I loot, and level up my main character before I worry about having a third one...

Archived