• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you think Peppers would do if

panthers1789

I would expect him to look like superman in a couple of games then become the "invisible man" like the 2007 season all the while stashing those weekly paychecks in the bank. At the same time his agent would be talking to other teams getting a job lined up somewhere else. I do not expect to see Peppers playing in a Panther uniform again. He will be tagged and traded and probably not to a team he wants to play for. Its the least the Panthers can do for him!

I honestly think that due to the chemistry they had this year as a defense, he'll return for atleast another year, I honestly don't think he's gonna get the offers that he's looking for. Or come to realization that it might be a bad idea to leave.

He's not coming back to the Panthers to play anytime soon. maybe to retire but that's about it.

I honestly think that due to the chemistry they had this year as a defense, he'll return for atleast another year, I honestly don't think he's gonna get the offers that he's looking for. Or come to realization that it might be a bad idea to leave.

Man you are so wrong its ridiculous. Its not about money for Pep...we already pretty much maxed out an offer to him. We were ready to break the bank for him and he didn't want to come back.

Peppers coming back for one more year is WORST CASE SCENARIO at this point...it would be incredibly stupid for us to use 17 million bucks of cap on him just to let him walk the following year. Players have clauses in their contracts that they can only be franchised for one year and Pep most likely has one. So if we franchise him this year and don't get a long-term deal done (which is at about 0% possibility right now) then he walks for NOTHING. Do you really want to give up our best defensive player for absolutely nothing???

Archived